Last Updated on June 12, 2023 by Leah Hall
Peaches are a great late summer fruit, and this simple 4 ingredient cocktail is a must make, so make this Gin Smash as soon as you can with fresh peaches!
Do you have some extra basil? Love peaches? Love gin? The perfect summer drink for you, a Peach Basil Gin Smash is here! This variation on the modern Basil Gin Smash is light, combining peppery basil with sweet peach and botanical gin. We think it’s summer in a glass. As you know, we love drinking herbs all season long, and this summer cocktail is just perfect!
This post contains affiliate links for products that we think you as readers might find useful, and we make commission off of these! For more details about our affiliates, click our Disclosure and Contacts Page.
Peach Basil Gin Smash
The Basil Gin Smash is a cocktail made with gin, basil and fresh lemon juice, a variation on the popular Whiskey Smash. It was a first published recipe in 1887, the Whiskey Smash has lemon, mint, sugar and crushed ice in a refreshing summer cocktail. Substitute basil and gin into it, and you end up with a Gin Smash.
The gin variation was invented in 2008 by Jöerg Meyer, owner of the Bar Le Lion in Germany, who posted the recipe on the website. This Basil Gin Smash became a success and is now made all around the world in many bars. Here is an article with more information about the development and evolving of this Gin Smash.
More Basil and Herbal Cocktails
We use fresh herbs in cocktails all the time in the summer! Here are a few more for you!
- Thyme to Shine – Thyme cocktail brings some great herbal notes to this moonshine sour.
- Chocolate Mint Julep – a variation on the classic mint cocktail
- Basil Gimlet – The ultimate classic cocktail with gin and basil.
- Mint Lavender Gin Limeade – a great floral and minty combo with gin cocktail
- Rhubarb Basil Cocktail – a great spring pairing, this earthy and herbal combo is delicious!
- Southside – a classic cocktail with mint
- Lavender Collins – a lovely floral and light Collins Cocktail
– Mint: A great sub of herb for the basil, mint and peaches play very well together!
– Collins: This cocktail, but in a taller form. Topped with sparkling water or club soda, but served in a highball, makes for a refreshing summer sip.
– Sage: This herb is also a great choice for a peach cocktail. The earthy scent and flavor of sage makes for a complex drink.
Other Peach Cocktails
Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and tag #gastronomcocktails so we can see all the wonderful recipes YOU recreate from this site!
You can also subscribe to our newsletter so you never miss a delicious recipe again!
Like this recipe? Try these below, too!
Other Smash Cocktails
- Muddled Blackberry Gin Smash
- Honeysuckle Cherry Smash – Speckled Palate
- Ginger Cherry Smash
- Bourbon Peach Smash – Striped Spatula
- Cranberry Maple Bourbon Smash – Platings and Pairings
A Peach Basil Gin Smash is a great sipper, and is so easy to make! 4 ingredients and you have a lovely and flavorful gin cocktail!
- 1/2 a peach, cut in slices
- 2 ounces Gin (We used London Dry)
- .75 ounces lime juice
- .50 ounces basil simple syrup
- Combine peach slices and basil simple syrup in bottom of shaker. Muddle until peaches are broken up.
- Add in gin and lime juice, plus ice.
- Shake and double strain into glass filled with crushed ice.
- Garnish with basil leaves or peach slices if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 229Total Fat: .2gSodium: 12mgCarbohydrates: 20.7gFiber: 1.3gSugar: 7.4gProtein: .8g
Interested in stocking your own home bar? Make sure to see our favorites at our Amazon Store!
If you liked this post, don’t forget to subscribe for new (and of course free) recipes by entering your email address on the side bar (and get all the recipes delivered to your inbox when we post), so you don’t miss out on a thing. You can find us on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest!
Gastronomblog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com