Last Updated on
This limeade recipe is a great boozy combo with gin, and herbal accents of mint and lemonade!
Summer around our house means lots of days by the pool and tending to our herb garden that sits next to our patio. When the summer days start getting really hot, it always seems that our mint and lavender plants start to bloom and we start thinking up ways to turn these great herbs into drinks! One of these drinks that we think is a perfect summer sipper is our Mint Lavender Gin Limeade recipe!
This post contains affiliate links for products that we think you as readers might find useful, and we make commission off of these! For more details about our affiliates, click our Disclosure and Contacts Page.
What Ingredients are Needed for the Limeade Recipe?
- Botanical Gin
- Lime Juice
- Lavender Lemon Simple Syrup
- Sparkling Water
- Mint, lime wheels and lavender sprigs if desired, for garnish
What is a Limeade Recipe?
When the summer heat comes around, one of the ways we like to beat the heat is to jump in our pool. It’s the perfect way to cool off, then sit on our deck and enjoy the warm sun while our kids play. Of course, we have to a cool drink to stay refreshed! Limeades are a favorite in our house for kids and adults alike. A limeade recipe is super refreshing, so when it comes to having a sipper on the patio, it always tops on our list.
Flavors of a Limeade
Another good thing about a limeade recipe is that the tart citrus flavor lends itself to being a great base for other flavors to build on. It gives a nearly endless variety of limeades to choose from, especially when you have a herb garden around to make syrups from! Every spring we plant a garden full of herbs (we call it our cocktail garden) that we use to make flavored syrups to go into cocktails and sodas.
Our cocktail garden produces a bounty of fresh mint and lavender, and with those two plants growing together, we were inspired to combine them in this drink. They play well together, especially with the mint, and then with the added botanical of the gin, makes for a well rounded cocktail.
This one is super simple to make, and enjoyed by all because of the herbal notes with the gin, and the acid of the lime. Hope you try this one out to end out your summer!
Like this recipe? Try these below, too!
Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and tag #gastronomcocktails so we can see all the wonderful recipes YOU recreate from this site!
You can also subscribe to our weekly newsletter so you never miss a delicious recipe again!
Other Limeade Cocktails
- Vodka Limeade Punch – Crazy for Crust
- Tequila Limeade – Mantitlement
- Cherry Amaretto Limeade – Take Two Tapas
- Tequila Limeade – Liquor.com
- Cherry Limeade Cocktail – Slow Roasted Italian
This refreshing cocktail is a great combination of lime juice, gin, lavender lemon simple syrup and sparkling water!
- 2 oz botanical gin
- 1.5 oz freshly squeezed lime juice
- .50 oz lavender lemon simple syrup
- 1 oz sparkling water, flavored if desired
- Mint, lavender and lime wheels for garnish, if desired
- Pour gin, lime juice and simple syrup into a shaker with ice.
- Shake and strain into glass with ice.
- Top with sparkling water.
- Garnish with desired items.
We used Royal Rose Organic Syrup for the Lavender Lemon Syrup.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Premium Whiskey Glasses - Large - 12oz Set of 2 - Lead Free Hand Blown Crystal - Thick Weighted Base - Seamless Design - Perfect for Scotch, Bourbon, Manhattans, Old Fashioned, Cocktails.
- Royal Rose, Simple Syrup Lavender Lemon Organic, 8 Ounce
- Parisian Cocktail Shaker Set and Mixology Bartender Kit - Premium Stainless Steel Bartending Tools - Drink Shaker, Strainer, Muddler, Jigger, Mixing Spoon & Bar Accessories - Gun Metal Black
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 205Sodium: 12mgCarbohydrates: 15.5gFiber: .2gSugar: .7gProtein: .2g
PIN THIS GIN LIMEADE COCKTAIL RECIPE FOR LATER!
Interested in stocking your own home bar? Make sure to see our favorites at our Amazon Store!
If you liked this post, don’t forget to subscribe for new (and of course free) recipes by entering your email address on the side bar (and get all the recipes delivered to your inbox when we post), so you don’t miss out on a thing. You can find us on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter!
Gastronomblog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.comFollow my blog with Bloglovin