Last Updated on October 6, 2022 by The Noms
Apple and fall spices combine for this great apple cocktail!
When we think of fall, we think of apples. Being in Nebraska, and an hour’s drive away from Nebraska City, where Arbor Day started, we have a lot of apple orchards in our area. We know most people think of pumpkin flavors when they think of fall, but to us, it’s apples.
This post contains affiliate links for products that we think you as readers might find useful, and we make commission off of these! For more details about our affiliates, click our Disclosure and Contacts Page.
What Ingredients are Needed for the Fall G & T?
- Apple Infused London Dry Gin (instructions below)
- Tonic Water
- Cinnamon sticks and Star Anise
In honor of our love of apples, we wanted to do a fall cocktail that honored them. We knew we wanted the light flavor of apple, but with fall spices and made it as easy as possible. We thought this gin and tonic was perfect!
This apple cocktail is not infused with the fall spices, they are added later as garnish. But, in adding them before you drink it, you inhale the wonderful scent of cinnamon and star anise every time you take a sip, so we encourage you to have them as a garnish.
Apple Infused Gin
The apple infused gin is best with a London dry gin. You can use any apple, but we don’t advise a granny smith, it would be too sour in our opinion. Also, please use a quality tonic, as this is such a simple drink, it needs to have high quality ingredients.
Cheers to this apple cocktail, and we hope you enjoy the fall flavors it brings!
Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and tag #gastronomcocktails so we can see all the wonderful recipes YOU recreate from this site!
You can also subscribe to our newsletter so you never miss a delicious recipe again!
Like this recipe? Try these below, too!
Other Flavored G & T’s
- Spanish Gin & Tonics – Fox and Briar
- Blood Orange G & T – Cup of Zest
- Lavender Gin & Tonic Punch – Sugar and Charm
- Rosemary Citrus Gin and Tonic – Parsnips and Pastries
- Elderflower Gin and Tonic – Garnish with Lemon
This fall spiced apple cinnamon cocktail is a tasty twist on a gin and tonic for the autumn season.
- 2 ounces apple infused London gin
- 4 ounces tonic
- cinnamon sticks and star anise for garnish
Apple infused London Gin
- 1/4 apple, cubed
- 4 ounces London Gin
Apple Infused London Dry Gin
- cut 1/4 apple into cubes and place into a jar.
- Top with London Dry Gin, put on lid.
- Let sit for at least 48 hours for infusion.
- When ready to make gin and tonic, strain apple cubes out of gin, a cheesecloth may be needed, as some apples can break down.
- Store infused gin in a new, clean jar.
Fall Gin and Tonic
- Add apple infused gin to a glass with ice.
- Top with tonic.
- Garnish with cinnamon sticks and star anise.
London Dry is the best flavor gin for this infusion.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 188Sodium: 15mgCarbohydrates: 10gSugar: 10g
PIN THIS FALL G & T RECIPE FOR LATER!
Interested in stocking your own home bar? Make sure to see our favorites at our Amazon Store!
If you liked this post, don’t forget to subscribe for new (and of course free) recipes by entering your email address on the side bar (and get all the recipes delivered to your inbox when we post), so you don’t miss out on a thing. You can find us on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter!
Gastronomblog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.comFollow my blog with Bloglovin