Last Updated on
Rhubarb and basil, fresh out of our garden into a cocktail!
One of our favorite things about the early season farmer’s markets are the fresh herbs and wonderfully tart fresh rhubarb. This past week we brought home a nice batch of rhubarb that we used to make a delicious strawberry and rhubarb tart. We had a few stalks left over and not wanting to waste the fresh produce, we decided to make a rhubarb syrup that we could use in some cocktails.
If You are Looking for More Vodka Cocktails, Try These!
- Concord Grape Moscow Mule
- Latte Martini and Blueberry Pie Cocktail
- Adult Purple Cow
- Rosemary Grapefruit Moscow Mule
- Salted Bourbon Butterscotch White Russian
- Black and Tangerine Vodka Tonic
- Chai Toasted Cream White Russian
- Spicy Bloody Mary
- Polyjuice Potion
- Galaxy Moscow Mule
Rhubarb Basil Cocktail
This rhubarb vodka cocktail uses the rhubarb simple syrup which has a tart sweetness that paired well with the aromatic spiciness of the fresh basil. A bit of sparkling soda water gives the cocktail a nice effervescence making this drink very refreshing.
What Ingredients are Needed for the Rhubasil Cocktail?
- Rhubarb Simple Syrup
- Sparkling Water or Club Soda
Like this recipe? Try these below, too!
Other Rhubarb Cocktails
- Rhubarb Pie Cocktail – Boulder Locavore
- Strawberry Rhubarb Gin Fizz – Kara Lydon
- Bourbon Old Fashioned – Bourbon and Honey
- Rhubarb Collins – Modern Wifestyle
- Strawberry Rhubarb Champagne Cocktail – Cake N Knife
Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and tag #gastronomcocktails so we can see all the wonderful recipes YOU recreate from this site!
You can also subscribe to our weekly newsletter so you never miss a delicious recipe again!
A light cocktail with the delightful flavors of rhubarb and basil. This pink cocktail is so perfect for spring.
- crushed ice
- 2-3 basil leaves (more for garnish)
- 2 oz vodka
- 1 oz rhubarb simple syrup
- sparkling water or club soda
Tear apart a few basil leaves and place in the bottom of the glass with the vodka.
Muddle leaves and vodka.
Fill the glass with ice, top with the rhubarb syrup and sparkling water.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Libbey Heavy Base 12-piece Rocks Glass Set
- HIC Japanese-Style Double Cocktail Jigger, 18/8 Stainless Steel, 4.75-Inches, 0.5-Ounce to 2-Ounce
- Parisian Cocktail Shaker Set and Mixology Bartender Kit - Premium Stainless Steel Bartending Tools - Drink Shaker, Strainer, Muddler, Jigger, Mixing Spoon & Bar Accessories - Gun Metal Black
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 248Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 0gSugar: 42gProtein: 0g
PIN THIS RHUBASIL RECIPE FOR LATER!
Interested in stocking your own home bar? Make sure to see our favorites at our Amazon Store!
If you liked this recipe, don’t forget to subscribe for new (and of course free) recipes by entering your email address on the side bar (and get all the recipes delivered to your inbox when we post), so you don’t miss out on a thing. You can find us on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter!
Gastronomblog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.comFollow my blog with Bloglovin