Last Updated on July 23, 2020 by The 'Noms.
This infused lemon simple syrup is a simple three ingredient recipe that is easy to make, adds great lemon flavor to drinks and cocktails!
This lemon simple syrup is pure sunshine in a jar. Very easy to make and delicious on so many things!
What is lemon syrup?
Lemon syrup is a lemon infused sugar syrup, perfect for all your simple syrup needs! A great recipe to add to drinks and desserts.
This post contains affiliate links for products that we think you as readers might find useful, and we make commission off of these! For more details about our affiliates, click our Disclosure and Contacts Page.
What Can I Make with Lots of Lemons?
This lemon simple syrup! But really, you should!
It’s definitely a syrup full of tart, lemon flavor. Just 3 ingredients and you have fresh homemade lemon syrup for cakes, cocktails, teas, your options are endless!
If you like lemon but enjoy a more sour flavor, you can add more lemon flavor by using only lemon juice, and omitting the water. Play with it, and develop a flavor that you like. You can also add lemon zest for more freshness if you like. Just remember to strain the syrup after it cools!
Uses For Lemon Syrup
You can use lemon syrup for
- Cocktails (duh!) in place of a regular simple syrup
- Cakes – drizzle over the top while they’re still hot, so it soaks in
- Lemonade – top with sparkling water if you want (even flavored)
- Water or Iced Tea – Just a dash will add lemon and a bit of sweetness
- Pancakes, French Toast and Waffles – drizzle over the top for a delightful breakfast
- Hot Tea – perfect for winter sipping
- Gifting – this recipe keeps really well, so give it as a gift.
- Ice Cream – add a little to vanilla ice cream, and you have a decadent dessert!
- Yogurt – add it to your breakfast yogurt in the morning with some fresh fruit
- Pie Fillings – perfect for berry fillings, especially!
Do I Need to Refrigerate Lemon Simple Syrup?
Yes, it stays freshest in the refrigerator. We advise for no more than 2 weeks.
Can You Freeze Lemon Simple Syrup?
Yes, you can freeze it in plastic bags or glass jars for 6 months or so.
More of Our Simple Syrups
Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and tag #gastronomcocktails so we can see all the wonderful recipes YOU recreate from this site!
You can also subscribe to our weekly newsletter so you never miss a delicious recipe again!
Like this recipe? Try these below, too!
Other Simple Syrup Recipes
- Vanilla – Fountain Avenue Kitchen
- Strawberry – Baked by Rachel
- Keto – Bon Appeteach
- Banana – I am Baker
- Smoked Syrup – Girls Can Grill
Infused lemon simple syrup s the perfect way to add a tangy and sour flavor to drinks and cocktails!
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Heat over medium high heat until it starts to boil.
- Pull off of heat, cool down.
- Store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 oz
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 97Total Fat: .1gSaturated Fat: .1gSodium: 3mgCarbohydrates: 25.3gFiber: .1gSugar: 25.3gProtein: .1g
PIN THIS LEMON SIMPLE SYRUP RECIPE FOR LATER!
Interested in stocking your own home bar? Make sure to see our favorites at our Amazon Store!
If you liked this post, don’t forget to subscribe for new (and of course free) recipes by entering your email address on the side bar (and get all the recipes delivered to your inbox when we post), so you don’t miss out on a thing. You can find us on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter!
Gastronomblog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.comFollow my blog with Bloglovin