Last Updated on September 14, 2022 by The Noms
Entertain your guests at your Halloween Party with these fun blood bag cocktails. This green tropical cocktail is a lot of fun for a monstrously good drink!
Getting in the Halloween spirit can mean different things for people. For some it can be dressing up and throwing an extreme Halloween party. Some love to hand out candy and see all the costumes! For others, it can be trick or treating with their kids.
This post contains affiliate links for products that we think you as readers might find useful, and we make commission off of these! For more details about our affiliates, click our Disclosure and Contacts Page.
We are calling all Halloween party people who want to throw a celebration that their guests won’t forget. Before you use red solo cups serve cocktails in, consider these IV drink bags instead! Fill them up with a fun drink to spook your guests! We did a red blood bag cocktail version a few years ago – so make sure to check out this Halloween Punch, too!
If you use these at your Halloween party you will definitely be remembered using these Blood Bag Cocktail containers, or IV drink bags! Whatever you want to call them, simply fill them with any cocktail, soda or juice. Plus, unless you are washing them out (they are reusable) you don’t have any dishes to do!
Green Blood Bag Cocktail
There are many ways to make a green cocktail. The easiest method is to use a green liquor or mixers to add color. Midori is a green liqueur that is commonly used, and while we use it in this cocktail, keep in mind that it is a very strong sweet melon flavor.
You can also blend colors to achieve a green color. Obviously yellow and blue make green, so the easiest way to achieve that is blue curacao and orange juice or pineapple juice. You can adjust the color of the green by changing the ratio of ingredients. Usually more orange or yellow than blue, as it’s the stronger color.
Easy to order them off of Amazon, there are a number of different packs of Blood Bags, or IV bags to use for cocktails. Just double check that they are food grade, and have fun stickers to label them with!
Blood Bag Details for Halloween Cocktails
- Customizable labels: Included are blood type of either A,B, AB, and O stickers. Pick the blood type of your choice for an phlebotomy flair. You can also write the name of your cocktail instead if you would like. Make sure to add the whole label plus the blood type label before filling the bags with your cocktail.
- Reusable: each of these Blood Bags has a working tube so that you can drink from it or pour it into a cup if that is too creepy.
- Clips on the tube: you don’t need to worry about any liquid dripping out because of the included clips to seal the tube. No zombie blood, or drinks to clean up because of a great seal. If they aren’t placed properly they won’t work though. So slide the tube through both holes of the clip vertically, and then close the clip to locked.
Fun Halloween Cocktails
This is a great chance to show some fun in your Halloween cocktails! We did red blood bag cocktails the first time, and now Zombie blood. But you could even do Vampire blood or Alien blood, or something of your own making. The colors and fun are endless! Pair it with our Halloween Charcuterie!
Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and tag #gastronomcocktails so we can see all the wonderful recipes YOU recreate from this site!
You can also subscribe to our weekly newsletter so you never miss a delicious recipe again!
Like this recipe? Try these below, too!
Other Halloween Cocktails
- Eye Candy Apple Cider
- Hocus Pocus Cocktail
- Fantastic Beasts – Grindelwald Cocktail
- Green Halloween Punch
- Hocus Pocus Drink
- Sanderson Sisters Potion
Other Creepy Halloween Cocktails
- Witch’s Heart – Flavor Bender
- Creepy Halloween Eyeball Martini – Pineapple and Coconut
- Vampire’s Kiss – Wanderspice
- Haunted Graveyard – Sprinkles and Sprouts
- What Lies Beneath
These green blood iv bag cocktails are creepy and fun for Halloween! Tropical green cocktails as zombie blood!
- .75 ounce vodka
- 1.25 ounces Midori Liqueur
- 1.75 ounces orange juice
- .50 ounce blue curacao
- .25 ounce coconut cream
- 2 dashes tiki bitters
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Stir to combine.
- If using the plastic iv bags to serve, use the injector to put the cocktail into the iv bag.
- Store in the fridge for up to 48 hours before serving.
- If not using the iv bags, then put ingredients into a shaker with ice.
- Shake to combine, strain into glass with ice.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 bag
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 228Total Fat: 1.8gSaturated Fat: 1.5gSodium: 2mgCarbohydrates: 38.8gFiber: .3gSugar: 37.7gProtein: .5g
PIN THIS ZOMBIE BLOOD HALLOWEEN COCKTAIL RECIPE FOR LATER!
Interested in stocking your own home bar? Make sure to see our favorites at our Amazon Store!
If you liked this post, don’t forget to subscribe for new (and of course free) recipes by entering your email address on the side bar (and get all the recipes delivered to your inbox when we post), so you don’t miss out on a thing. You can find us on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter!
Gastronomblog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.comFollow my blog with Bloglovin