Last Updated on October 23, 2022 by The Noms
This green Winifred Sanderson cocktail is tropical with herbal notes. It also has a great combo of liquors, for a Halloween cocktail that is a Hocus Pocus drink.
This Hocus Pocus drink is made with tequila blanco and pineapple infused whiskey and is the perfect wicked adult beverage for a Halloween party. This Halloween drink is a perfect way to get the Halloween spirit. We promise, it’s not just a bunch of Hocus Pocus!
This post contains affiliate links for products that we think you as readers might find useful, and we make commission off of these! For more details about our affiliates, click our Disclosure and Contacts Page.
This drink is so much fun and sure to be the hit of your Halloween party. Or, it will be perfect for a movie night watching the movie Hocus Pocus and Hocus Pocus 2! Decorate your space with witch hats, spider webs and jack-o-lanterns, and then get ready to make this spooky signature Winifred Sanderson Hocus Pocus drink.
Hocus Pocus Movie
One of my all time favorite Halloween movies is Hocus Pocus. It’s become a cult classic, and the second movie is coming out September 30. Even Bette Midler, has said that playing Winifred Sanderson was her favorite role. So, you know it has to be good!
The movie is fun, and having a themed signature cocktail to accompany it will be perfect! We will even have the trio of sisters drinks with ones for Mary and Sarah, too!
Ingredients Needed for the Hocus Pocus Drink
This is a fairly involved cocktail, with 7 ingredients, but it makes for an elegant serve that is so tasty and vibrant. It’s sparkling and hauntingly delicious.
- Tequila Blanco – you can use Añejo for this if you would like, but we liked the blanco best.
- Pineapple Whiskey – we infused some whiskey with freshly cut pineapple. We cut some pineapple and then let it sit in some bourbon for 48 hours. We then strained out the pineapple and had lovely tropical bourbon.
- Lime Juice – freshly squeezed is best!
- Green Syrup – this was a combo of mint, basil and rosemary in simple syrup and blended. If you want your cocktail to be green, this is the ingredient. If you don’t, just make some simple syrup. We have both recipes below.
- Coco Real – sweetened cream of coconut
- Green Chartreuse – an herbal green liqueur
- Sparkling wine – we used champagne, but a dry prosecco will do as well.
It’s a simple magic potion inspired ingredient that will put a tasty little spell on your tongue. It’s an unusual simple syrup because it’s blended and not just infused like we usually do. We took a 1/2 cup of sugar and 1/2 cup of water and brought it to a boil over medium high heat until the sugar was dissolved. Then we let it cool slightly.
We then added in 4 leaves of basil and 4 leaves of mint into the simple syrup. Along with this, 1 sprig of rosemary. Then, we used an immersion blender to mix it all up into a green syrup. You can do this in the blender too. Make sure it’s all the way blended and there are no big pieces. Then let cool and use in the cocktail as is.
If you don’t want the syrup to be green, then just make a simple syrup with the same ingredients, but don’t add the herbs until the syrup is off the heat and you let them infuse. Let infuse for up to 30 minutes and then strain out the herbs.
How to Make the Hocus Pocus Drink
This drink will definitely add some wicked witchery to your Halloween party! This drink is shaken in a cocktail shaker except for the sparkling wine. The wine is added to the top of the cocktail after it is in the coupe.
By topping it off with sparkling Champagne, it makes it fizzy and even more delicious.
Tips & Tricks
- Syrup – Make sure the syrup is cooled before adding it to the cocktail shaker to the cocktail.
- Garnish – Mint sprig or mint flowers are great garnishes, but a simple basil leaf or lime peel will work, too!
- Pineapple Infused Whiskey – make sure you have 48 hours to get this infusion done before making this recipe. (Instructions above and in the recipe card).
- Hocus Pocus – Make sure to make this and sip while watching the new movie, and the old one!
So, here it is, a fun and easy Hocus Pocus drink to enjoy this Halloween season. So let out your inner Hocus Pocus witch and light the black flame candle!
Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and tag #gastronomcocktails so we can see all the wonderful recipes YOU recreate from this site!
You can also subscribe to our newsletter so you never miss a delicious recipe again!
Like this recipe? Try these below, too!
Other Halloween Cocktails
- Green Sherbet Margarita Float
- Nightmare on Whisky Street
- Zombie Blood Colada
- Halloween Punch – Blood Bag Cocktail
- Unicorn Blood
- Grindelwald’s Goblet
- Vampire Negroni
- Halloween Pumpkin Cocktail
- Professor’s Poisoned Apple
- Polyjuice Potion
- Alcoholic Butterbeer
- What Lies Beneath Cocktail
- Eye Candy Cocktail
- Sanderson Sisters Potion
Garden of Magic
This Hocus Pocus drink is perfect for spooky season. Let out your inner Winifred Sanderson with the green Halloween cocktail!
- 1.50 ounces tequila blanco
- .50 ounce pineapple infused whiskey
- .25 ounce green chartreuse
- .75 ounce lime juice
- .50 ounce green syrup
- .25 ounce Coco Real
- Top with Champagne or dry Prosecco
For the Garden of Magic
1. Combine tequila, whiskey, green chartreuse, lime juice, green syrup and coco real in a shaker with ice.
2. Shake and strain into coupe.
3. Top cocktail with champagne and garnish.
For the Green Syrup
1. Take 1/2 cup of sugar and 1/2 cup of water and bring it to a boil over medium high heat until the sugar is dissolved. Let it cool slightly.
2. Then add in 4 leaves of basil and 4 leaves of mint into the simple syrup. Along with this, 1 sprig of rosemary. Used an immersion blender to mix it all up into a green syrup. You can do this in the blender too. Make sure it's all the way blended and there are no big pieces. Then let cool.
3. If you don't want the syrup to be green, then just make a simple syrup with the same ingredients, but don't add the herbs until the syrup is off the heat and you let them infuse. Let infuse for up to 30 minutes and then strain out the herbs.
4. Either recipe, store in the fridge for use up to 2 weeks.
Pineapple Infused Whiskey
1. Combine 1/2 cup cut fresh pineapple with 3/4 cup bourbon in a jar with a lid. Let sit to infuse for 48 hours.
2. When ready, strain out pineapple and store in jar or bottle.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:5 ounces
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 293Total Fat: 6.3gSaturated Fat: 4.6gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 25mgCarbohydrates: 19.4gFiber: .3gSugar: 2.9gProtein: 1g
PIN THIS HOCUS POCUS DRINK RECIPE FOR LATER!
Interested in stocking your own home bar? Make sure to see our favorites at our Amazon Store!
If you liked this post, don’t forget to subscribe for new (and of course free) recipes by entering your email address on the side bar (and get all the recipes delivered to your inbox when we post), so you don’t miss out on a thing. You can find us on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter!
Gastronomblog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.comFollow my blog with Bloglovin