Last Updated on
These pistachio cocktails are sure to please for the holidays, or all winter long!
We do believe that cocktails should have a fair amount of booze, maybe some sugar, and we love the idea of using super foods in them too! Super foods such as pistachios, can make your cocktails “better” for you, right?
This post contains affiliate links for products that we think you as readers might find useful, and we make commission off of these! For more details about our affiliates, click our Disclosure and Contacts Page.
Maybe it was because pistachio cocktails don’t appear on menus often in our experience, maybe it’s the fact that the shelled nut is one of our favorite snacks? Or, maybe it’s just that we haven’t used this ingredient in a cocktail and are very excited to share this recipe with you.
Pistachios are heart-healthy, have antioxidants, are an excellent source of fiber and they make a pretty tasty cocktail, too! We wanted to use whole pistachios in our simple syrup, and wanted a rich flavor of the nut for sure.
There have been a few pistachio cocktails that have been popping up in our research lately, so we wanted to check out this trend! Nuts have always been a great bit of flavor in cocktails, such as our Peanut Butter and Jelly Old Fashioned!
What Ingredients are Needed for the Winter Whiskey Sour?
- Lemon Juice
- Pistachio Simple Syrup
- Green Chartreuse
- Egg White
Other Egg White Cocktails
- Monk’s Muse
- Aronia Sour
- Blackberry Lavender Gin Sour
- Blood Orange Gin Sour
- Rhubarb Gin Sour
- Holiday Ginger Flip
- Cherry Toasted Cream Ramos Gin Fizz
- T & T Sour
- Pisco Sour
- Thyme to Shine
We started out with a 12 year aged whiskey that was dark and rich and brought a lot to the party for sure. We ended up with a fun little whiskey sour from this base liquor. To the whiskey we added green chartreuse, lemon juice and the pistachio simple syrup. First thing we thought of was winter and the warming flavors and spices that were in this cocktail.
Egg white was then added and shaken up with the cocktail. Egg whites are important in cocktails because they soften the citrus and join the other flavors. We find it gives it texture, almost a velvety finish, and who doesn’t like to look at that foamy decadent top?
We sure do, and hope you do too!
Cheers to these pistachio cocktails!
Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and tag #gastronomcocktails so we can see all the wonderful recipes YOU recreate from this site!
You can also subscribe to our weekly newsletter so you never miss a delicious recipe again!
Like this recipe? Try these below, too!
Other Nut Based Cocktails
- Log Cabin – Social Hour
- The Peanut Bitter – The Local Palate
- Toasted Pecan Old Fashioned – The Speckled Palate
- Tide is High – Food and Wine
- Chestnut Brandy Alexander – The Flair Project
This winter whiskey sour is a great pistachio version for the cold months and perfect for celebrating the holidays with a great cocktail as well!
Winter Whiskey Sour
- 2 oz 12 year aged American Whiskey
- .50 oz green Chartreuse
- .50 oz lemon juice
- .5 oz pistachio simple syrup
- egg white
Pistachio Simple Syrup
- 2 Tbsp shelled, crushed pistachios
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
Winter Whiskey Sour
- Combine all ingredients in shaker. Don't add ice.
- Shake 15-20 seconds.
- Add in some ice, shake for another 30 seconds.
- Shake and strain into coupe glass. Top with pistachios if desired.
Pistachio Simple Syrup
- Combine sugar and water in small saucepan on medium heat.
- Bring to a simmer, don't boil.
- Add in pistachios and let infuse for 15 minutes.
- Strain out pistachios and store syurp in fridge for up to 2 weeks.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Parisian Cocktail Shaker Set and Mixology Bartender Kit - Premium Stainless Steel Bartending Tools - Drink Shaker, Strainer, Muddler, Jigger, Mixing Spoon & Bar Accessories - Gun Metal Black
- Ball 4-Ounce Quilted Crystal Jelly Jars with Lids and Bands, Set of 12-2 Pack (Total 24 Jars)
- Cuisinart CTG-00-3MS Set of 3 Fine Mesh Stainless Steel Strainers
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 238Total Fat: .2gSodium: 46mgCarbohydrates: 12.5gFiber: .1gSugar: .6gProtein: 3.7g
PIN THIS WINTER WHISKEY SOUR RECIPE FOR LATER!
Interested in stocking your own home bar? Make sure to see our favorites at our Amazon Store!
If you liked this post, don’t forget to subscribe for new (and of course free) recipes by entering your email address on the side bar (and get all the recipes delivered to your inbox when we post), so you don’t miss out on a thing. You can find us on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter!
Gastronomblog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.comFollow my blog with Bloglovin