Last Updated on
What’s a better combo than PB&J? How about a Peanut Butter Whiskey combined with a jelly cocktail?
Today we bring you the Peanut Butter & Jelly Old Fashioned. It’s a mashup of childhood nostalgia and grown-up taste that works shockingly well together. This one is on the sweet side, so if that isn’t what you are into, sorry!
This post contains affiliate links for products that we think you as readers might find useful, and we make commission off of these! For more details about our affiliates, click our Disclosure and Contacts Page.
One of our favorite things to do as cocktail bloggers is to walk around the grocery store and look for all new products. The fall is an especially good time of year for this because every single company is trying to pumpkin spice us to death. Now, don’t get me wrong, we love pumpkin spice, but there are just some things we won’t eat!
Peanut Butter Whiskey
In all fairness though, we hadn’t seen Skrewball Peanut Butter Whiskey in the stores yet before we started hearing all about it. We started hearing from friends asking us what we thought, to clients asking us to come out with cocktail recipes using it. Unfortunately, we hadn’t even tried it yet!
We finally got our hands on some peanut butter whiskey and set to work on a cocktail! We looked to our sons’ favorite treat for inspiration for a cocktail that is the spirit of a childhood staple: the peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
Grape Simple Syrup
We used homemade Concord grape syrup and the drink seems to be the adult version of the lunchbox favorite without. Of course, we didn’t want it being cloyingly sweet, but it is on the sweet side. So, we added some salt to the mix to take away all the sweet, but of course some is still there. This combo is the perfect combination, and a great way to end a meal.
There’s something comforting and satisfying about a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, right? The classic nutty and tart combo brings forth memories of school lunches, afternoon snacks, and learning to first assemble something in the kitchen, as we have taught our boys to do!
What Ingredients are Needed for the PB&J Cocktail?
- Peanut Butter Whiskey
- Jelly Simple Syrup
We hope you give this adult twist on a classic treat a try, and we love the pb & j flavors of this one very much. The peanut butter whiskey will be used many more times I am sure, so bring on some more fun cocktails for sure! This one, being an Old Fashioned, it’s super easy to make and so flavorful, but the whiskey is of course the adult flavor we were going with!
Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and tag #gastronomcocktails so we can see all the wonderful recipes YOU recreate from this site!
You can also subscribe to our weekly newsletter so you never miss a delicious recipe again!
Other Old Fashioned Cocktails
- Brown Butter Old Fashioned
- Christmas Old Fashioned
- Pine Old Fashioned
- Fired Peach Old Fashioned
- Ginger Clementine Old Fashioned
- Spiced Old Fashioned
Like this recipe? Try these below, too!
Other Peanut Butter Cocktails
- Peanut Butter Bushwacker – Hunger Thirst Play
- Thai Peanut Coladas – Good Drink
- Peanut Butter Brandy Alexander – Moody Mixologist
- Salted Caramel Peanut Infused Whiskey Cocktails – Stir and Strain
- Peanut Butter White Russian – We Traveled Where
This Peanut Butter and Jelly cocktail uses Peanut Butter Whiskey as its base and makes for a great jelly cocktail that will please any lover of the classic PB & J!
Peanut Butter Old Fashioned
- 2 oz Peanut Butter Whiskey
- dash salt
- .50 oz Grape Jelly Simple Syrup
Grape Jelly Simple Syrup
- 1/4 cup Concord Grape Jelly
- 1/4 cup water
Peanut Butter Old Fashioned
- This is a build in glass cocktail, so place an ice ball in a rocks glass.
- Pour in Peanut Butter whiskey, and then Grape Jelly Simple Syrup.
- Add in dash of salt and stir until all is combined.
- Garnish with tiny PB&J sandwich if desired.
Grape Jelly Simple Syrup
- Combine water and grape jelly into small saucepan. Bring almost to a boil, turn off heat. Let cool.
- Can be stored in fridge for up to 2 weeks.
You can use any flavor jelly that you prefer. Strawberry would be great, along with anything spicy, such as the peach jalapeno we have in our fridge right now!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Perfect Stix Bamboo Pick 4 200ct Bamboo Knot Picks, Cocktail and Hors' D'oeuvre, 4" (Pack of 200)
- Crystal-Clear Ice Ball Maker, 2-Cavity Mold, Jumbo Ice Balls, Better Kitchen Products
- Taylor'd Milestones Whiskey Glass, Premium 10 oz Scotch Glasses, Set of 2 Rocks Style Glassware for Bourbon and Old Fashioned Cocktails
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 187Sodium: 10mgCarbohydrates: 12gSugar: .1g
PIN THIS PB & J COCKTAIL RECIPE FOR LATER!
Interested in stocking your own home bar? Make sure to see our favorites at our Amazon Store!
If you liked this post, don’t forget to subscribe for new (and of course free) recipes by entering your email address on the side bar (and get all the recipes delivered to your inbox when we post), so you don’t miss out on a thing. You can find us on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter!
Gastronomblog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.comFollow my blog with Bloglovin