A boozy version of the Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew at Starbucks!
Let us know if you love Starbucks’ new pumpkin cream cold brew coffee as much as we do! The drink’s signature pumpkin foam (which is amazeballs!) is surprisingly easy to make with just a few basic ingredients. Now, we don’t want to malign the Pumpkin Spice Latte, but I have to say, this cold brew is sooo much better, and I definitely am glad we can make this at home with or without alcohol!
This post contains affiliate links for products that we think you as readers might find useful, and we make commission off of these! For more details about our affiliates, click our Disclosure and Contacts Page.
Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew Cocktail
Alcohol, did we say alcohol? Uh, of course we did! I mean, could we do anything else? It’s what we do, make recipes boozy and even more delicious!
This DIY version you can definitely make your own, and add or subtract any ingredient, but this is the version we like the best! Needless to say, we are glad we figured this out, and our bank account is happy we figured it out, too!
Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew Coffee
We love fall flavors, and this drink fits the bill! This pumpkin cocktail is made with smooth cold brew and a sweetened pumpkin spice cream. You can add as much or as little pumpkin cream as you want (more is better, right?!) It’s still pretty hot, right? So cold brew makes more sense for early fall, at least for us. Most days we do cold brew unless its winter. Then it’s hot coffee, and the more the better!
So, If we can add some pumpkin cream to a cold brew, if’s perfect for fall, and with bourbon, makes a weekend morning super fun, huh?! Brunch, it’s called brunch! The benefit of making this at home is you can control the sweetness level, too! I don’t like super sweet coffee, and neither does Jay, and this one was just the right level of sweet. And, almost like a dessert!
What Ingredients are Needed for the Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew?
- Half and Half
- Brown Sugar
- Pumpkin Puree
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Vanilla Extract
- Cold Brew Coffee
- Pumpkin Spice Liqueur
How to Froth Your Milk
We usually hate single-use kitchen gadgets, although we have a few of them, LOL! But, if you really want to nail your pumpkin foam cocktail, it’s worth it to purchase a milk frother for this, it can be used for other things, we promise! But, check below.
- Handheld Milk Frother: This is the cheapest and best option, a handheld milk frother, and it frothed up the pumpkin cream perfectly.
- Immersion Blender: Does ok, but make sure your cream is super chilled.
- We also tested other frothing methods (hand mixer, blender, French press (that one was a doozy!)), and none worked as well as an actual milk frother. But, they can all create a foam still tastes delicious, but it won’t stay on top of the coffee as well.
Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew Tips
- After heating the cream, strain it through a fine mesh sieve to remove solids from the pumpkin and spices. Don’t need chunks in your coffee!
- You can make your own cold brew at home, like we do! Fox and Briar has a great guide for this! You can also buy cold brew concentrate at the store if it’s just too much work!
- You can make extra and store in the fridge. Don’t ask us how long it will last though, because it hasn’t lasted around these parts!
We loved bourbon with this coffee, we would recommend a sweeter one, that way you don’t need to add any more sweetener, but if you want, you can add some liqueur, too! We used Mozart Pumpkin Spice Liqueur, and it just gave a great pumpkin flavor that was over the top! It’s optional, but if you can get your hands on some, we highly recommend it!
Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and tag #gastronomcocktails so we can see all the wonderful recipes YOU recreate from this site!
You can also subscribe to our weekly newsletter so you never miss a delicious recipe again!
Like this recipe? Try these below, too!
Other Cold Brew Cocktails
- Cold Brew Coffee Cocktail – Eat.Drink.Frolic
- Cold Brew Bourbon Cocktail – Better Happier
- The Wizard – Passion and Poppies
- Porter Spiked Cold Brew Iced Coffee Cocktail – Plays Well with Butter
- Bourbon Coffee – Little Figgy Food
This pumpkin cream cold brew recipe, inspired by the new Starbucks drink, is made with iced coffee and delicious pumpkin spice foam with bourbon and pumpkin spice liqueur. It is simple to make it homemade!
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice, more for garnish
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew Cocktail
- 16 oz cold brew coffee
- 2.50 oz bourbon
- 1.50 oz Mozart Pumpkin Spice Liqueur
- 4 oz of Pumpkin Cream
- dash of pumpkin spice
- Combine heavy cream, brown sugar, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice and salt over medium heat in a small saucepan. Whisk for no lumps.
- Bring to a simmer, take off heat.
- Add in vanilla extract.
- Strain through fine mesh sieve to get out all the spices and any pumpkin chunks.
- Chill in fridge or freezer if you need it faster!
Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew
- Pour cold brew coffee into glass with ice. Add in bourbon and pumpkin liqueur.
- Top with pumpkin cream and more pumpkin pie spice.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Bonsenkitchen Electric Milk Frother, Automatic Milk Foam Maker for Bulletproof Coffee, Matcha, Stainless Steel Whisk Battery Operated Mini Drink Mixer Blender
Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract, 4 ounces
Castle Foods | PUMPKIN PIE SPICE, 16 oz Premium Restaurant Quality
Bizzy Cold Brew Coffee Concentrate | USDA Organic (32 oz Black, 2 Pack)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 305Total Fat: 11.1gSaturated Fat: 6.9gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 22mgCarbohydrates: 19.1gFiber: .1gSugar: 17.9gProtein: 1g
PIN THIS PUMPKIN CREAM COLD BREW COCKTAIL RECIPE FOR LATER!
Interested in stocking your own home bar? Make sure to see our favorites at our Amazon Store!
If you liked this post, don’t forget to subscribe for new (and of course free) recipes by entering your email address on the side bar (and get all the recipes delivered to your inbox when we post), so you don’t miss out on a thing. You can find us on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter!
Gastronomblog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.comFollow my blog with Bloglovin