Last Updated on
This whiskey, coffee and chocolate cocktail is creamy and rich!
One of our favorite flavor combinations is coffee and chocolate, be it in our coffee cups or in a cocktail coupe! Typically people think of combining chocolate and hot coffee, but we wanted to something a little smoother and cooler! So what better way to come up with something new than to get to work and start tasting? Oh, it’s such a hard life being a cocktail blogger!
This post contains sponsored content brought to you by Mozart Spirits. We received compensation to create this post. But, all opinions and views presented here are 100% our own. This post contains affiliate links for products that we think you as readers might find useful, and we make commission off of these! For more details about our affiliates, click our Disclosure and Contacts Page.
This post contains affiliate links for products that we think you as readers might find useful, and we make commission off of these! For more details about our affiliates, click our Disclosure and Contacts Page.
Cold Brew Coffee
One way to make coffee really smooth is to make cold brew coffee. When coffee is brewed using hot water, acidic flavors and bitter compounds are released into the coffee. Using cold water to brew coffee tends to release flavors that are more delicate, sweet and fruity that normally get covered up by the bitter flavors.
With the coffee part figured out, what about the chocolate? This was a perfect opportunity to use Mozart Spirit’s Chocolate Cream Liqueur, a premium chocolate liqueur made in Austria. Mozart Spirits draws on Salzburg’s rich history artisanal chocolatiers and their 150 years of distilling experience to create a delicious and rich chocolate cream liqueur that fans of chocolate will not want to miss!
Flavors with the Chocolate
We wanted to keep the flavors light and really highlight the chocolate and coffee together, but still wanted add a little twist to the pairing too! This where a little whiskey and a splash of Cynar come in! The whiskey brings a little spirit forward characteristic to the cocktail, while highlighting some of the sweetness of the chocolate liqueur. Cynar adds in a little bittersweet herbal quality that teases the tongue and adds a nice bit of character to the cocktail.
The final finishing touch was using a little bartender’s salt and pepper aka bitters! Adding a few dashes of aromatic bitters helped add a little bit of warm baking spice that further brings out the flavors of the cold brew coffee!
Whipped Cream Topping
With the flavors of the cocktail figured out, we need a little garnish to bring the wow! Why not a little bitters infused whipping cream to the top for flavor and visual appeal? We infused a little whipping cream with some black cherry bitters and a drizzle of honey to add a slight bit of sweetness. We gently whipped the cream to thicken it up and make it almost pillowy smooth.
The cream rounded out the flavors and brought a hint of smooth creamy finish to the drink! Top it with a couple of coffee beans to float on the whipped cream and not only do you get a great look, but every time you sip, you smell the coffee beans!
What Ingredients are Needed for the Chocolate Cream Cocktail?
- Mozart Chocolate Cream Liqueur
- Cold Brew Coffee
- Heavy Cream
- Cherry Bitters
- Angostura Bitters
- Simple Syrup
We hope you will try this one out, it’s so flavorful and delicious! Perfect as a dessert cocktail, or a standalone chocolate cocktail, we think everyone will enjoy this one!
Like this recipe? Try these below, too!
Other Chocolate Cocktails
- Spiced Chocolate Cocktail – Liquor.com
- Mississippi Mud Pie Cocktail – Mantitlement
- German Chocolate Cocktail – Sugar and Soul
- Chocolate Cake Martini – Delightful E Made
- Chocolate White Russian – Basil and Bubbly
Other Cold Brew Cocktails
- Rosemary Vanilla Cold Brew Cocktail – The Almond Eater
- Cold Brew Negroni – Liquor.com
- Smoky Horchata Cold Brew – World Market
- Tequila Cold Brew – The Kentucky Gent
- The Wizard – Passion and Poppies
Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and tag #gastronomcocktails so we can see all the wonderful recipes YOU recreate from this site!
You can also subscribe to our weekly newsletter so you never miss a delicious recipe again!
This Chocolate cocktail is perfectly creamy and delicious. It's and easy recipe and will be sure to please!
Chocolate Cream Cold Brew
- 1.50 oz Whiskey
- 1.50 oz Cold Brew Coffee
- .50 oz simple syrup
- 1 oz Mozart Chocolate Cream
- .50 oz heavy whipping cream
- .50 oz Cynar
- 2 drops Angostura Bitters
- 2 drops cherry bitters
Whipped Cream Topping
- 1 oz Heavy whipping cream
- 2 drops cherry bitters
- a few drops of honey
- For the Whipped Cream topping: whisk or blend the cream, bitters and honey together until soft peaks form. Store in fridge until ready.
- Combine all ingredients for the Chocolate Cream Cold Brew in a shaker and shake well with ice.
- Pour into a coupe. Top with whipped cream topping.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- (1) Cocktail Shaker Mixer WhiskBall - Ideal for mixing citrus, fruit, cream or egg ingredients for a beautifully blended, effervescent cocktail (1 WhiskBall)
- Parisian Cocktail Shaker Set and Mixology Bartender Kit - Premium Stainless Steel Bartending Tools - Drink Shaker, Strainer, Muddler, Jigger, Mixing Spoon & Bar Accessories - Gun Metal Black
- Libbey Signature Kentfield 4-piece Glass Coupe Set
- Takeya Patented Deluxe Cold Brew Iced Coffee Maker with Airtight Seal & Silicone Handle, Made in USA, 1-Quart, Black
- Angostura Aromatic Cocktail Bitters - 16 Ounce Bottle
- Fee Brothers Cherry Bitters 5oz
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 403Total Fat: 15.7gSaturated Fat: 9.8gCholesterol: 58mgSodium: 125mgCarbohydrates: 16.6gSugar: 3.1gProtein: .9g
PIN THIS CHOCOLATE CREAM COLD BREW COCKTAIL RECIPE FOR LATER!
Interested in stocking your own home bar? Make sure to see our favorites at our Amazon Store!
If you liked this post, don’t forget to subscribe for new (and of course free) recipes by entering your email address on the side bar (and get all the recipes delivered to your inbox when we post), so you don’t miss out on a thing. You can find us on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter!
Gastronomblog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.comFollow my blog with Bloglovin