Last Updated on
A great combo of rosemary, tequila and grapefruit!
Tequila is one the spirits that we have a real love and hate relationship, because a lot of the experiences with tequila were those we had back in our college days when we were drinking cheap tequila in badly mixed cocktails or shots. Recently, we have experienced the finer side of tequila, getting to try some of the offerings from small family owned distilleries like Partida and El Mayor which opened our eyes to how incredible a fine quality tequila can be.
This post contains affiliate links for products that we think you as readers might find useful, and we make commission off of these! For more details about our affiliates, click our Disclosure and Contacts Page.
One of the drinks that we enjoy is a favorite of Mexico, the paloma, which pairs up the flavors of grapefruit soda and tequila to make a very refreshing cocktail.
Tequila and Grapefruit
While we love the paloma on a hot day near our pool as the fizzy grapefruit soda can be refreshing, sometimes we want more of the grapefruit flavor. One way to make sure you get a big pop of grapefruit flavor is to use fresh squeezed grapefruit juice in your drink. With the flavor combination of tequila and grapefruit in mind we set out to come up with a new drink!
What Ingredients are Needed for the Rosada Cocktail?
- Lime Juice
- Grapefruit Juice
- Rosemary Simple Syrup
We started the Rosada out using a blanco tequila, which has a clean bold flavor of the blue agave used to make it. The blanco tequilas tend to be full flavored with hints of citrus and earthy herbal notes which work really well with bright tart flavors like grapefruit. Fresh squeezed pink grapefruit juice adds a sweet tart flavor, the bright citrus notes pulling the fruity and mineral flavors out of the tequila.
If You Are Looking for More Grapefruit Cocktails, Try These!
- Rosemary’s Blush
- Grapefruit Smoked Salt London Mule
- Strawberry Paloma
- Honey Bourbon and Pear Cider
- Red Hound
- Hibiscus Salty Dog
- French Tart
- Pink Pear
- Rio Rose
- Rosemary Grapefruit Mule
- Rambler’s Ruby
Wanting a bit more of an herbal flavor and needing some sweet to help temper the bite of the tequila, we added a splash of our rosemary infused simple syrup. While the grapefruit juice add a bit of sweet tart flavor, a splash of fresh squeezed lime juice adds a cooling sour note to the drink, making the cocktail very refreshing, perfect for sipping by the pool and erasing the memories of those college nights with bad tequila!
Like this recipe? Try these below, too!
Other Tequila Cocktails
- Blood Orange Margaritas – Super Golden Bakes
- Frozen Palomas – Blender Happy
- Hibiscus Paloma Cocktail – Honey and Birch
- Spicy Paloma – Hello Little Home
- Mexican 75 – Evolving Table
Other Grapefruit Cocktails
- Grapefruit Aperol Sparkling Cocktails – Platings and Pairings
- Grapefruit Ginger Cocktail – The Kitchen Prep
- Fennel Black Pepper Grapefruit Gin & Tonic – This Healthy Table
- Blushing Grapefruit Collins – Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Grapefruit Beergaritas – Happy Healthy Motivated
Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and tag #gastronomcocktails so we can see all the wonderful recipes YOU recreate from this site!
You can also subscribe to our weekly newsletter so you never miss a delicious recipe again!
A light cocktail, perfect for warm summer days, this Rosada has a combination of grapefruit, tequila and rosemary simple syrup.
- 1 oz rosemary simple syrup
- 1.75 oz tequila
- .50 oz lime juice
- 2.75 oz grapefruit juice, strained
Combine all ingredients and shake or stir together.
Garnish with a rosemary sprig and/or grapefruit peel.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Luckygoobo Stainless Steel Cocktail Shaker,25oz,Silver
- Cuisinart CTG-00-3MS Set of 3 Fine Mesh Stainless Steel Strainers
- Hiware LZS13B 12 Inches Stainless Steel Mixing Spoon, Spiral Pattern Bar Cocktail Shaker Spoon
- Hiware Mixing Glass 24oz/700ml Thick Bottom Cocktail Glass Preferred by Pros and Amateurs Alike, Make Your Own Specialty Cocktails
- Crystal-Clear Ice Ball Maker, 2-Cavity Mold, Jumbo Ice Balls, Better Kitchen Products
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 203Total Fat: 0.1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1mgCarbohydrates: 21.5gFiber: 0.9gSugar: 19.7gProtein: 0g
PIN THIS ROSADA COCKTAIL RECIPE FOR LATER!
Interested in stocking your own home bar? Make sure to see our favorites at our Amazon Store!
If you liked this recipe, don’t forget to subscribe for new (and of course free) recipes by entering your email address on the side bar (and get all the recipes delivered to your inbox when we post), so you don’t miss out on a thing. You can find us on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter!
Gastronomblog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.comFollow my blog with Bloglovin