Last Updated on January 28, 2021 by The ‘Noms.
A tasty combo of peanut butter whiskey, scotch and banana infused sherry, this peanut butter drink is dedicated to Elvis’ favorite sandwich, peanut butter and banana!
This post contains affiliate links for products that we think you as readers might find useful, and we make commission off of these! For more details about our affiliates, click our Disclosure and Contacts Page.
What Ingredients are Needed for the Elvis Cocktail?
- Peanut Butter Whiskey
- Banana Infused Oloroso Sherry
- Chocolate and Coffee Bitters
So this Elvis cocktail was born! We started out with the sherry, and we knew we wanted a banana infusion in it. We thought the flavors of the sherry, it is a dry wine, with some tobacco and leather hints, we knew the banana would play well with those.
How Long to Infuse an Alcohol?
The length of infusion depends on how much you like banana: I think the infusion needs to be at least 3 days, but a week if you really want to bring out the banana notes. Just remember it does change the taste of the spirit, too.
How long does infused alcohol last?
Does infused liquor need to be refrigerated?
Does fruit go bad in alcohol?
No, they do lose their color and some flavor, but they will not go bad because the alcohol preserves it.
Notes on Infusions
- When we do infusions we tend to make them in smaller batches. Here we use 3/4 cup because I find the flavor is lost over time and we don’t need and entire bottle of banana flavored sherry!
- Another reason to keep this batch smaller is due to the breakdown of the banana slices. They get a bit gooey if you let it sit for too long, as I said, 3 days is optimal.
So, we knew that banana and peanut butter would play well. But, we thought even with the dry sherry, that the drink was too sweet. And then Jay thought about adding a bit of peated scotch. So, we did! We didn’t want too much smoke, so we then added some coffee chocolate bitters.
This really helped out alleviating the smoke and sweet flavors for sure. If you don’t have the combo coffee chocolate bitters, you can use some of each of the bottles. If you do that, we encourage more coffee than chocolate.
Hope you enjoy this boozy whiskey tipple, and honor Elvis at the same time!
Cheers to this great sip!
Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and tag #gastronomcocktails so we can see all the wonderful recipes YOU recreate from this site!
You can also subscribe to our weekly newsletter so you never miss a delicious recipe again!
Like this recipe? Try these below, too!
Other Peanut Butter or Banana Cocktails
- Banana Split Martini – Mantitlement
- Peanut Butter Bushwacker – Hunger Thirst Play
- Caramelized Banana Coconut Bamboo Cocktail – Craft and Cocktails
- Thai Peanut Coladas – Good Drink
- PB & J Old Fashioned – Gastronomblog
This peanut butter whiskey and banana infused sherry cocktail is a boozy tasty homage to Elvis!
- 1.50 oz Banana Infused Oloroso Sherry
- 1 oz Skrewball Peanut Butter Whiskey
- .50 oz scotch whisky
- 3 drops chocolate coffee bitters
Banana Infused Whiskey
- 1/2 a medium banana, sliced
- 6 oz Oloroso Sherry
Banana Infused Sherry
- Place slices of banana in a jar, top with sherry. Let infuse for 72 hours.
- Strain out banana slices, throw away.
The Elvis Cocktail
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass with ice. Stir to chill.
- Strain out into coupe.
- Garnish with another banana slice, topped with sugar and bruleed.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 156Carbohydrates: .5g
PIN THIS ELVIS COCKTAIL RECIPE FOR LATER!
Interested in stocking your own home bar? Make sure to see our favorites at our Amazon Store!
If you liked this post, don’t forget to subscribe for new (and of course free) recipes by entering your email address on the side bar (and get all the recipes delivered to your inbox when we post), so you don’t miss out on a thing. You can find us on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter!
Gastronomblog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.comFollow my blog with Bloglovin