Last Updated on
This pineapple juice and rum cocktail is a great tiki based drink. Refreshing and flavorful!
The Pineapple Express Punch is named after the yearly weather phenomenon that tends to occur around the holidays out on the west coast. These storms come across the Pacific from Hawaii. They bring the rainy season and cool weather to the west coast.
This post contains affiliate links for products that we think you as readers might find useful, and we make commission off of these! For more details about our affiliates, click our Disclosure and Contacts Page.
In the past, the Pineapple Express has wrecked havoc on California with heavy rain and nearly hurricane force winds. In the spirit of the classic folks who ride out the hurricanes we made a punch using the storm’s namesake, pineapple.
This is a sweet, boozy cocktail that has a nice tropical fruit note that helps give a warmth to the cocktail. That warmth chases away the clouds while packing a big punch. We used a barrel aged rum, and a dark rum together to add depth to the drink. Fresh pineapple drinks have a special piece of our hearts, so this one is a new favorite!
We then added in some coffee liqueur to make it a little darker and richer, but with the element of tiki. Three kinds of juices, lemon and lime, plus grilled pineapple juice. Please feel free to use regular old pineapple juice, we don’t judge!
We added in some Angostura bitters and coconut tincture (make sure to check out our video on tinctures!) to add more tropical flavors. The combo of these juices, pineapple juice and rum is accompanied by some cherry brandy.
We used homemade infused cherry brandy, but regular cherry brandy does really well in this pineapple juice and rum cocktail. We then garnished the drink with one of our homemade brandied cherries and some mint.
Cheers to this fabulous tropical tiki drink!
Other Pineapple Cocktails
- Pineapple Basil Rum Fizz – A Beautiful Plate
- Grilled Pineapple Tiki Cocktail – Little Miss Party
- Pineapple Bourbon Lemonade – Take Two Tapas
- To Rue and Pine – Craft and Cocktails
- Pineapple Margarita – The Blond Cook
Other Cherry Brandy Cocktails
- Cherry Julep – Supergolden Bakes
- Smoked Cherry – Gastronom
- Cherry Brandy and Elderflower – Honestly Yum
- Desert Healer – Drink Kings
- Cherry Brandy Old Fashioned – The Bitten Word
Like this recipe? Try these below, too!
Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and tag #gastronomcocktails so we can see all the wonderful recipes YOU recreate from this site!
You can also subscribe to our weekly newsletter so you never miss a delicious recipe again!
A Rum based cocktail that hints of tiki. Cherry brandy and rum combine with juice for this tropical cocktail.
- 1 oz Dark Rum
- 1 oz aged rum
- .25 oz coffee liqueur
- 1 oz cherry brandy
- .25 oz lemon juice
- .25 oz lime juice
- 2 oz grilled pineapple juice or regular pineapple juice
- 4 drops coconut tincture
- 3 dashes of Angostura bitters
- 1 brandied cherry for garnish
Fill a shaker with ice.
Combine all ingredients and shake well.
Strain into a hurricane glass or a brandy snifter.
Garnish with a brandied cherry and mint if desired.
Use grilled pineapple juice or regular - we won't judge you!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Luxardo Gourmet Maraschino Cherries - 400g Jar - 2 Pack
- Angostura Aromatic Cocktail Bitters - 16 Ounce Bottle
- Luigi Bormioli 10564/02 Crescendo 15-1/2-Ounce Brandy Snifter,Clear , Set of 4
- Parisian Cocktail Shaker Set and Mixology Bartender Kit - Premium Stainless Steel Bartending Tools - Drink Shaker, Strainer, Muddler, Jigger, Mixing Spoon & Bar Accessories - Gun Metal Black
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 243Total Fat: .1gSodium: 3mgCarbohydrates: 8.1gFiber: .2gSugar: 5.9gProtein: .3g
PIN THIS PINEAPPLE PUNCH RECIPE FOR LATER!
If you liked this post, don’t forget to subscribe for new (and of course free) recipes by entering your email address on the side bar (and get all the recipes delivered to your inbox when we post), so you don’t miss out on a thing. You can find us on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter!
Interested in stocking your own home bar? Make sure to see our favorites at our Amazon Store!
Gastronomblog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.comFollow my blog with Bloglovin