Last Updated on
This peach mint julep cocktail is an easy drink to make, and so full of flavor!
This Peach Mint Julep Cocktail is a great refreshing drink for any time of year, but especially perfect for around Kentucky Derby time. Unfortunately this year, that is not going to happen, but that doesn’t mean you can’t still celebrate! I know we will!
This post contains affiliate links for products that we think you as readers might find useful, and we make commission off of these! For more details about our affiliates, click our Disclosure and Contacts Page.
Beyond the classic bourbon and mint, this drink requires crushed ice. We also added a peach in this case, but other fruit works great in this too!
Crushed ice is necessary before mixing this cocktail. Make sure you have a mound of it in your glass before pouring your drink in! Mint julep cocktails are traditionally served in silver cups so the cup maintains optimum frost. But, they work just as well in any tall glass. Or any glass, at this point!
Mint juleps are for bourbon lovers, so it’s probably safe to say that they’re not for you if you don’t like bourbon. We have a great one with mezcal tho, and you can always use brandy or gin if you just can’t do whiskey.
What’s the Difference Between a Mojito and a Mint Julep?
They both use fresh and delicious mint, but a mint julep is different because it doesn’t have citrus juice and it uses bourbon instead of rum.
What Ingredients are in the Peach Mint Julep?
- Fresh mint leaves
- Half of a fresh peach
- Peach Bitters
- Crushed ice
We chose peach for this mint julep cocktail, because peach and mint together are lovely, and peach and bourbon together are lovely. The math just worked, and we went with it. We made it even peachier by adding the peach bitters.
Which, if you don’t have peach bitters, use and orange or lemon bitters, as the citrus will work in this really well, too. But, the peach bitters are great in other drinks, too, we use them a lot in tropical drinks!
Also, gently clap the sprig of mint in your hands before garnishing. Clapping the herb once between your hands releases a lot of the natural oils in the mint, making it more fragrant. This will give you a great scent every time you take a drink, and it enhances your drinking experience. Trust us.
Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and tag #gastronomcocktails so we can see all the wonderful recipes YOU recreate from this site!
You can also subscribe to our weekly newsletter so you never miss a delicious recipe again!
Like this recipe? Try these below, too!
Other Mint Cocktails
- Elderflower and Mint Cocktail – Sarah Sharratt
- Gin Mint Julep – Southern Fatty
- Pineapple Mint Mojito – Garlic and Zest
- Tequila Lime Mojitoritas – Family Style Food
- Mint and Pink Grapefruit Greyhounds – Freutcake
This Peach Mint Julep Cocktail is a great peach twist on the classic Mint Julep. Perfect for anytime of year!
- 1/2 peach, sliced
- 10 mint leaves, more for garnish
- 2 oz bourbon
- 3 dashes peach bitters
- crushed ice
- Combine peach and mint leaves in a shaker.
- Muddle peach slices and mint leaves until peaches are broken down. But don't tear up the mint leaves too much, focus on the peach slices.
- Add in bitters, bourbon and some crushed ice, about 1/4 cup.
- Shake to combine,
- Fill glass 1/2 full with crushed ice, pour what is in the shaker over the crushed ice in the glass. Stir gently to combine.
- Add more crushed ice if needed.
- Garnish with peach slices and mint leaves if desired.
Crushed ice is ideal in this recipe. If you need crushed ice at home, a great thing to use is a Lewis Bag. If you are in a pinch, use a plastic ziploc bag wrapped in towel.
Place ice cubes in a Lewis bag (a cloth bag made for this purpose) and whack it until your cubes become
finely crushed ice.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Cocktail Muddler - Stainless Steel - Grooved Nylon Head - Create Delicious Refreshing Cocktails by Decodyne.
- Cocktail Shaker Set with Mixing Glass | The Ultimate Mixology Bartender Kit and Cocktail Set for Drink Mixing | Complete Bar Set with Drink Shaker, Muddler, Bar Tools & Recipe Book (Gun Metal Black)
- Fee Bros. Peach Bitters by Fee Brothers
- Viski Professional Lewis Ice Bag & Mallet
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 166Total Fat: .3gSodium: 4mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1.9gSugar: 7gProtein: 1.1g
PIN THIS PEACH MINT JULEP RECIPE FOR LATER!
Interested in stocking your own home bar? Make sure to see our favorites at our Amazon Store!
If you liked this post, don’t forget to subscribe for new (and of course free) recipes by entering your email address on the side bar (and get all the recipes delivered to your inbox when we post), so you don’t miss out on a thing. You can find us on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter!
Gastronomblog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.comFollow my blog with Bloglovin