Last Updated on June 9, 2023 by The Noms
These crostini appetizers are full of flavor with beer bbq ribs, sweet cherry jam and smoky gouda cheese!
While we are not a huge fans of pro football, we are into college football (Go Pokes!) But, we are always into rooting for the big game and getting together with friends to watch said game. I mean, any excuse for a party, right?!
This post contains sponsored content brought to you by Perdue Farms. We received compensation to create this post. But, all opinions and views presented here are 100% our own. This post contains affiliate links for products that we think you as readers might find useful, and we make commission off of these! For more details about our affiliates, click our Disclosure and Contacts Page.
So Perdue Farms, let’s talk about their great products, shall we? Perdue Farms is more than just Perdue chicken. They have full line of premium protein products and brands, including Niman Ranch, Coleman Natural, Perdue Chicken, Perdue Harvestland, Panorama Meats, Spot Farms, Full Moon and more.
Over the last 10 years, Perdue Farms has transitioned from conventional chicken & turkey production to becoming the #1 supplier in the U.S. for Organic Chicken. They are as well as a leader in premium Beef, Pork, Lamb, Pasture Raised, Grass-fed, Heritage Breed, Antibiotic Free (No Antibiotics Ever), Non-GMO, Ever, Certified Humane, GAP & more!
Perdue Farms is on an exciting journey to becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, and they are starting a direct-to-consumer initiative for their first step towards telling a story across all of their brands. These ribs are included in the Gathering Medium Box. Make sure to click on over and check out all the goodies!
Perdue Farms Sustainability Initiative
It’s so exciting that Perdue Farms works directly with small family farmers who raise animals with care, and have done so for 100 years. They are passionate about farming, land preservation and healthy and nutritious food. It is also their 100-year anniversary in 2020.
Being thoughtful stewards of the environment is one of Perdue Farms’ most important social pillars. They are taking the following steps to lessen the carbon footprint and protect the ecosystem:
- For every bundle shipped, they will donate to the Arbor Day Foundation, which works to replant damaged areas of forests. This donation will help reduce the carbon footprint required to ship products to you.
- They designed the shipping boxes with sustainability in mind. Every box is made out of 100 percent recyclable cardboard and insulated with Green Cell Foam®. Green Cell Foam® is eco-friendly packaging and is biodegradable, compostable, and made from high-grade non-GMO cornstarch that is dissolvable in water.
- You’ll receive a reusable and recyclable grocery bag with every purchase. Reach for the bag next time you go to the store to avoid using paper or plastic.
- A pollinator seed packet is also included in every box. They wouldn’t be able to produce the food that they do without bees and butterflies, which help to make one out of every three bites of food we eat. Plant the seeds to create a robust pollinator habitat near your home!
So, back to the recipe at hand. Remember we are in party season, between the holidays and football season in the early part of the year?
Enter these Amber Ale BBQ Rib Crostini with Gouda Cheese and Cherry Jam! We have partnered with Perdue Farms for this post, and we cannot tell you how good this recipe is! It’s super easy to transport too, and assemble as need be at someone else’s house for a party or even at a tailgate!
What Ingredients are Needed for the Crostini Appetizers?
- Niman Ranch Fat Tire BBQ Pork Ribs
- Gouda Cheese
- Cherry Jam
- Salt and Pepper
To keep the meat warm, just pack it in some aluminum foil. For the crostini, you can either toast them at home, just throw the slices into someone else’s oven or the the grill for a couple minutes until they get nice and toasty. When you’re ready to serve, just put on a bit of cherry jam, add a slice of the rich and smoky Gouda, and top it with the ribs and chives. Fresh cracked black pepper and salt to finish.
Niman Ranch Fat Tire Ribs
The Niman Ranch Fat Tire Ribs are super tasty and easy to make! Combining the highest quality all-natural meats with New Belgium Brewing’s award-winning Fat Tire Amber Ale was of course a delicious combo!
The sweetness and hoppy bitterness of the beer is with tangy tomato based BBQ sauce. This pairs perfectly with the applewood smoked ribs.
These crostini appetizers of course are great with a tasty lager or IPA beer, they are also delicious with a cabernet, or a cocktail. The Gouda, the cherry jam, bbq meat – all amazing with a bold red wine, beer, or tasty cocktail!
Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and tag #gastronomcocktails so we can see all the wonderful recipes YOU recreate from this site!
You can also subscribe to our newsletter so you never miss a delicious recipe again!
Like this recipe? Try these below, too!
These Amber Ale BBQ St Louis Ribs pair perfectly on toasted crostini with Gouda cheese and cherry jam. Sweet, smoky, salty and flavorful, these meaty crostini are perfect for a cocktail party or fun tailgate!
- Niman Ranch Fat Tire Pork Ribs package
- Baguette, sliced into 1/2 inch slices, at least 20 pieces
- 4 ounces smoked Gouda cheese
- 4 ounces cherry jam
- fresh chives, chopped
- pepper and salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Follow the instructions on the package of St. Louis ribs, and heat until thoroughly warmed.
- While ribs are warming, cut baguette. Place slices on cookie sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Let ribs cool slightly, and while cooling, bake baguette slices.
- Toast baguette slices until lightly browned, about 4-5 minutes.
- Top each crostini with a slice of cheese, dab of cherry jam, rib meet and chives. Sprinkle with more pepper and salt.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 107Total Fat: 5.6gSaturated Fat: 2.5gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 87mgCarbohydrates: 5.8gFiber: .1gSugar: 3gProtein: 7.8g
Interested in stocking your own home bar? Make sure to see our favorites at our Amazon Store!
If you liked this post, don’t forget to subscribe for new (and of course free) recipes by entering your email address on the side bar (and get all the recipes delivered to your inbox when we post), so you don’t miss out on a thing. You can find us on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest!
Gastronomblog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com