A decadent chocolate dessert that is perfect for sharing, or not! Great for a celebration!
Valentine’s day is one of those days that calls for a bit of romance, and food can be a critical part in setting the stage for romance. In our house, having a romantic meal has always been important part of our relationship as great food inspires passion in us! Chocolate and romance go hand in hand, and this recipe for chocolate pot de creme is a beautifully simple and romantic alcoholic dessert that could be perfect for a date night.
This post contains affiliate links for products that we think you as readers might find useful, and we make commission off of these! For more details about our affiliates, click our Disclosure and Contacts Page.
Made in a blender or food processor and refrigerated, this recipe is easy to make and the result can be a beautiful and elegant dessert that will put the perfect cap on a romantic evening! Rich and creamy, the semi sweet chocolate gives just the right amount of bitterness so it doesn’t become overly sweet, keeping that deep dark chocolate flavor that makes this feel very decadent.
The touch of rum or bourbon adds a depth of flavor that makes the chocolate really pop. If you choose not add in the alcohol, feel free to use vanilla, orange or almond extracts to add in another layer of flavor.You may need a blender or food processor for this one, as it makes it easier to incorporate all the flavors! If you need another dessert with a combo of chocolate and booze, we recommend our Beer Brittle Chocolate Bark!
Pair it with a glass of red wine, and you just might sweep your date off their feet!
Like this recipe? Try these below, too!
More Pot de Creme Recipes
Earl Grey Pot de Creme – The Gastronom
Chocolate Pot de Creme – The Pioneer Woman
Vanilla Bean Pot de Creme – Bon Appetit
Salted Caramel Pot de Creme – The View From Great Island
Maple Pot de Creme – Saveur
Moore Boozy Chocolate Desserts
Boozy Chocolate Pudding – Liquor.com
Double Chocolate Whiskey Cake with Whiskey Ganache – Laughing Spatula
Boozy Chocolate Caramel Cups – Bright Eyed Baker
Boozy Chocolate Fondue – Tastefulventures
Dark Chocolate-Amaretto Cake Bites – Cotter Crunch
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp. dark rum or bourbon
- In a small pan, heat milk over medium heat until it just starts to boil.
- While the milk is heating, place egg, sugar, salt, chocolate chips and alcohol in the blender or food processor, pulse it a few times until the chocolate chips are broken up just a bit.
- When the milk boils, remove from heat, turn the blender or food processor on low and slowly pour the hot milk through the lid opening.
- Blend about 1 minute or until smooth. Pour into four serving cups.
- Refrigerate several hours.
- Recipe makes 4 servings.
- Can be topped with whipped cream, raspberries, or shaved chocolate or a combination of all of them! Serve it chilled in a small bowl.
Interested in stocking your own home bar? Make sure to see our favorites at our Amazon Store!
If you liked this recipe, don’t forget to subscribe for new (and of course free) recipes by entering your email address on the side bar (and get all the recipes delivered to your inbox when we post), so you don’t miss out on a thing. You can find us on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter!