Boozy brownies. Do I need to say more?
One of Mrs. Nom’s favorite childhood treats was a chocolate root beer float, so adding a bit of an adult twist to that combination only made sense when we had a bottle of Uncle Bob’s Root Beer Whiskey come into our possession, especially with whiskey being such a great pair with chocolate. Needing a fun dessert for a night with friends, we decided that a drunken brownie would be the perfect end to a great meal.
This post contains affiliate links for products that we think you as readers might find useful, and we make commission off of these! For more details about our affiliates, click our Disclosure and Contacts Page.
This recipe uses a bittersweet dark chocolate to help balance out the sweetness of the root beer whiskey and enhance the herbal notes making the brownie rich and complex. Topped with a root beer whiskey and chocolate whipped cream frosting, there is just a bit of a bite from the whiskey.
Starting out with a sweet chocolate flavor and finishing with an intense root beer flavor, the light frosting is a perfect topping to the fudgy brownie.
Like this recipe? Try these below, too!
Other Boozy Brownie Recipes
Bailey’s Irish Cream Caramel Brownies – Such the Spot
Whiskey Glazed Brownies – The View From Great Island
Boozy Brownies – A Gouda Life
Boozy Brownies with Salted Caramel Rum Sauce – Tattooed Martha
Orange Boozy Brownies – Cooking with Curls
Other Boozy Chocolate Desserts
Boozy Dark Chocolate Cupcakes – A Sassy Spoon
Chocolate Amaretto Mont Blanc – Patisserie Makes Perfect
Easy Bailey’s Chocolate Mousse – Cooking LSL
Chocolate Bailey’s Poke Cake – Sweet and Savory Meals
Boozy Chocolate Stout Cake – Betsy Life
- 4 Tbsp butter, unsalted
- 4 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tbsp Root Beer Whiskey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup melted chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Root Beer Whiskey
- 3 dashes chocolate bitters
- Preheat the oven to 350º. Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper.
- In a microwave safe bowl combine the butter and chocolate. Heat in 30 second increments until melted. Stir in sugar. Add in eggs, root beer whiskey, and salt.
- Fold in flour and cocoa until smooth and shiny.
- Pour mixture into the parchment lined dish. Bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely before you frost it!
- Whip the cream into stiff peaks.
- Pour chocolate in and mix. Add in the powdered sugar and cornstarch. Mix.
- Add in whiskey and bitters. Whip until slightly stiff.
- Frost the brownies. Serve.
Interested in stocking your own home bar? Make sure to see our favorites at our Amazon Store!
If you liked this recipe, don’t forget to subscribe for new (and of course free) recipes by entering your email address on the side bar (and get all the recipes delivered to your inbox when we post), so you don’t miss out on a thing. You can find us on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter!