We love a great and easy holiday dessert that looks like you took a lot of time, but it’s easy and elegant! Some of the best holiday desserts are small portions that are finger food so that your guests can try all the different desserts with out overloading their plate! With a good finger food sized appetizer in mind, we came up the the Mini Berry Bites These Mini Berry Bites fit those requirement! Happy dessert-ing!
This post contains sponsored content brought to you by Smirnoff. We received free products and compensation to use in this promotion, but all opinions and views presented here are 100% our own. Sponsorships like this help us make more cocktails for you and provide them to you free of charge! For further information please see our Disclaimer page.
When Smirnoff Ice contacted us for some holiday recipes, two with food, and two cocktails, we were excited to try some things out, and we knew right away what we wanted to do with the Strawberry Smirnoff Ice. We knew it would be perfect with some gelatin in a tartlet, plus add some cranberries and whipped cream, and it would be so tasty, so that’s what we did! These Mini Berry Tarts are the perfect finger food for a party or event, are so easy to make, and we can’t wait for you to try them out!
We love how easy these are, and it is such a sweet and tart combination that works so well together! The touch of orange on the top makes for a great citrus touch, and we encourage you to do the small orange slice or some orange zest. We love using cranberries for the holidays, as they are such a part of a lot of people’s meals and tables. We use prepared phyllo dough cups to make it even easier, but if you would like to make your own, just form some phyllo dough in a mini muffin tin to make them.
Speaking of the mini muffin tin, it’s easiest to put the gelatin mixture in the phyllo cups while they are placed and steady in the mini muffin tin. They stay more stable and don’t tip over, just a quick tip from our experience. These little bites are so cute, and you can eat more than one and not feel guilty, right? Right? No judging here!
Besides these bites, you should make sure to check out our other three Smirnoff Ice recipes, the Citrus Asian Chicken Wings, and the two cocktails: Caramel Green Apple Cocktail, and the Holiday Berry Sparkler! We hope you will like these other three, too, and they would all go so well together for a great holiday event!
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- Mini Phyllo dough cups
- 2 pkgs gelatin
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup Strawberry Smirnoff Ice
- Sugared cranberries (recipe above)
- whipped cream
- orange slices
- Combine all 3 ingredients in a small saucepan and cook until most of the cranberries have popped open.
- Strain out cranberries. You can keep the sugar water as Cranberry Simple Syrup in an airtight container in the fridge for a week.
- Pour hot water over jello and stir until gelatin is melted. Add in Strawberry Smirnoff Ice. Cool slightly, about 10 minutes.
- Place Phyllo cups into a mini muffin tin. Put 2 cranberries in each cup.
- Pour a tablespoon or less over the cranberries in the cups, don't overfill, but fill until close to full. Place in the fridge for at least an hour until jello is set.
- Top with whipped cream and small orange slice.