Last Updated on September 17, 2023 by Leah Hall
This Strawberry Pie Cocktail is a perfect summer dessert inspiration cocktail! A strawberry syrup cocktail, with some great flavors just screams summer!
A Strawberry Syrup cocktail with a mix of whiskey and graham cracker infused mezcal is refreshing and super seasonal. We made this cocktail with our strawberry simple syrup, and we think it’s the perfect cocktail for a summer or fall gathering!
This post contains affiliate links for products that we think you as readers might find useful, and we make commission off of these! For more details about our affiliates, click our Disclosure and Contacts Page.
It’s absolutely worth making our homemade strawberry syrup for this Strawberry Pie Cocktail! The fresh berry flavor is more pronounced in the homemade version, but you can buy it, if needed.
Ingredients for the Strawberry Pie Cocktail
- Homemade strawberry syrup – We made this syrup with fresh strawberries, but you can use frozen if fresh aren’t in season.
- Whiskey – We used Humboldt Whiskey. their organic blended malt in this cocktail, but any blended whiskey will work.
- Graham Mezcal – we infused mezcal with some graham crackers. More info on that process below.
- Vanilla Simple Syrup – also easy to make at home, it is readily available in stores, too.
- Lemon Juice – fresh is best, and adds so much flavor to this pie cocktail.
Graham Cracker Mezcal
Easy to make, this fat washed ingredient is full of flavor! We added a graham cracker to 1/2 cup of mezcal and let it sit for 15 minutes, then placed it in the freezer for at least 30 minutes. It doesn’t need long, but less than an hour is ideal.
The smokiness of the mezcal blends so well with the whiskey and then the sweet flavors of the other ingredients in this strawberry syrup cocktail.
Then, when ready, strain out the graham cracker and crumbs with a fine mesh sieve and cheesecloth to get all the bits out. Store in a jar with a lid if you aren’t using all the mezcal right away.
We are definitely fans of this whiskey, and like we said, any malt whiskey will do, but we thought the flavors shined in this strawberry syrup cocktail. Make sure to read more about Humboldt Distillery and our tour!
Strawberry Syrup Cocktail
This easy and refreshing strawberry whiskey cocktail is perfect for summertime! Just make sure to plan ahead and make the graham cracker mezcal and strawberry syrup ahead of time, and start mixing these for you and friends!
Tips & Tricks
- Use different berries – Feel free when making the strawberry syrup to use different berries like blueberries, raspberries, or blackberries. This makes for an even more interesting pie cocktail!
- Mezcal for Tequila – While we love the depth of flavor that that mezcal brings with the smokiness, if you don’t like mezcal, then feel free to sub out tequila for the mezcal. It will still give the agave flavor, just not the smoke.
- Adjust the sweetness – if the level of sweetness in this cocktail (.50 ounce + a barspoon) of syrup is too sweet, you can back it off to a barspoon of strawberry simple syrup and a dash of vanilla simple syrup if you want it less sweet.
- Make ingredients early – make your ingredients (the strawberry simple syrup, vanilla simple syrup and graham cracker mezcal) in advance and then you are ready to serve these at the drop of hat!
- Chill your Glasses – if you are serving this on a warm day, or you haven’t chilled all your ingredients in advance, chill your glasses in the freezer while you mix. This will help keep your cocktail cool while you sip. Or, serve over a large ice cube!
Other Strawberry Cocktails
Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and tag #gastronomcocktails so we can see all the wonderful recipes YOU recreate from this site!
You can also subscribe to our newsletter so you never miss a delicious recipe again!
Like this recipe? Try these below, too!
Other Summer Cocktails
- Strawberry Old Fashioned – The Wooden Skillet
- Strawberry Mint Fizz – Bucket List Tummy
- Sparkling Strawberry Lime Whiskey Smash – She Eats
- Strawberry Sage Tequila Smash
- Strawberry Lemonade Whiskey Sour – Self Proclaimed Foodie
This strawberry syrup cocktail is a summer hit! Make this Strawberry Pie Cocktail with a mix of whiskey and mezcal, along with some strawberry and vanilla flavors.
- 2 ounces whiskey
- 1 ounce graham cracker infused mezcal
- .50 ounce strawberry simple syrup
- barspoon vanilla simple syrup
- .75 ounce lemon juice
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker with ice.
- Shake and strain into glass.
- Garnish with strawberry or lemon peel
Graham Cracker Mezcal - soak a graham cracker in 1/2 cup mezcal in a jar for 15 minutes. Then place in the freezer for at least 30 minutes, and less than 1 hour. When ready strain out graham cracker with fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth. Store in container with lid if you aren't using it right away.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:5 ounces
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 256Total Fat: .2gSodium: 14mgCarbohydrates: 12.4gFiber: .1gSugar: .5gProtein: .2g
Interested in stocking your own home bar? Make sure to see our favorites at our Amazon Store!
If you liked this post, don’t forget to subscribe for new (and of course free) recipes by entering your email address on the side bar (and get all the recipes delivered to your inbox when we post), so you don’t miss out on a thing. You can find us on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest!
Gastronomblog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com