Last Updated on May 6, 2022 by The Noms
A twist on the classic summer cooler, a Strawberry Limeade, we made this limeade cocktail boozy and refreshing!
This is a delicious Limeade cocktail perfect for summer with refreshing flavors and great for summer parties and BBQ’s. The iceball has fresh strawberries and juniper berries inside of it. This ice ball takes a little work, but is impressive and a fun party trick as it melts into your cocktail.
This iceball helps add some flavor to your drink as it melts and makes for a fun sip as the flavors change a bit!
Strawberry Limeade Cocktail
Strawberry Limeade is always a favorite choice of mine if we go to Sonic and get a drink. The boozy version is no exception to this rule. Strawberry and Lime compliment each other really well, as do the Gin and Tonic, so we thought, why not a match up?
This post contains affiliate links for products that we think you as readers might find useful, and we make commission off of these! For more details about our affiliates, click our Disclosure and Contacts Page.
This combination of sweet and tart, as well as refreshing tonic water makes for a tasty sip!
Strawberry Simple Syrup
For this fun twist on a classic gin and tonic, we start with a homemade strawberry syrup. I simply cook down strawberries with sugar, water, and a squeeze of lemon juice. This leaves me with a beautiful mix-in that keeps well in the refrigerator for a few weeks.
Tips and Tricks
- What Can I Use Instead of Strawberries? Raspberries are a good option. But, you may need to add a little extra simple syrup as raspberries are generally more tart than strawberries. Blackberries or blueberries are also a great option.
- Vodka Recommendations: Vodka is a pretty neutral base spirit, but there can be a difference in quality and we don’t buy a lot of bottom shelf liquors. We love to use Smirnoff, Sipsmith, or Ford’s.
- Tonic Water: Flavored tonics can be a great option: grapefruit or elderflower would be tasty in this.
- Can I Make A Non Alcoholic Version? Yep! Just leave out the gin, and maybe add some flavored sparkling water!
What Ingredients are Needed for the Strawberry Limeade Gin & Tonic?
- Lime Juice: freshly squeezed is best!
- Strawberry Simple Syrup: fresh homemade and delicious, this is a great ingredient for a lot of cocktails.
- Gin: we used a London Dry Gin although a citrus gin would be lovely in this too!
- Tonic Water: any will do, use your favorite.
- Juniper Berries: a main ingredient in most gin, but we use them as garnish!
- Strawberries: Also to cut up and used as garnish. Also add in some lime peels!
We think this is a great cocktail especially for those super hot summer days, and a limeade cocktail is definitely called for! Feel free to sub out the strawberries for other berries – blackberries, blueberries or raspberries if you would like. They would all be tasty.
And feel free to use flavored tonic water if you prefer, too! Grapefruit would be lovely in this!
Make this great summer Strawberry Limeade gin and tonic as soon as possible!
Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and tag #gastronomcocktails so we can see all the wonderful recipes YOU recreate from this site!
You can also subscribe to our weekly newsletter so you never miss a delicious recipe again!
Other Gin and Tonic Cocktails
- Pine Gin and Tonic
- Gingerbread Gin and Tonic
- Zero Alcohol Cranberry Lime Gin and Tonic
- Lavender Lemon Gin and Tonic Granita
Like this recipe? Try these below, too!
Other Summer Gin and Tonic Cocktails
- Mango and Black Pepper Gin & Tonic – Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Fennel Black Pepper Grapefruit Gin & Tonic – This Healthy Table
- Mixed Berry Lemon Gin & Tonic Shots – Take Two Tapas
- Late Summer Fig Gin & Tonic – SpiritedLA
- Spanish Gin Tonics – Fox & Briar
A twist on the classic G & T, this version is a fun flavor with the strawberry limeade.
Strawberry Limeade Gin & Tonic
- 2 ounces gin
- .50 ounce strawberry simple syrup
- .25 oz freshly squeezed lime juice
- 4-5 ounces tonic water
- 1 strawberry, sliced
- juniper berries
- 1-2 lime wheels
Strawberry Ice Cube
- 1 sliced strawberry
- Juniper Berries
Strawberry Simple Syrup
- 2 strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
For the Strawberry Limeade Gin & Tonic
Place the strawberry ice cube in a glass.
Add gin, strawberry, strawberry simple syrup, lime wheel, lime juice and juniper berries.
Top with tonic.
For the Strawberry Ice Cube
Fill the ice mold with water.
Add sliced strawberry and juniper berries.
For the Strawberry Simple Syrup
Combine all ingredients in a small saucepna over medium high heat. Bring to a boil, and pull off of heat. Let infuse for 15 minutes.
Strain out strawberry pieces and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
We recommend Fever Tree tonic water.
We also recommend a spherical ice cube mold.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 238Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 25mgCarbohydrates: 23.4gFiber: 0.3gSugar: 10.7gProtein: 0.1g
PIN THIS STRAWBERRY LIMEADE GIN & TONIC RECIPE FOR LATER!
Interested in stocking your own home bar? Make sure to see our favorites at our Amazon Store!
If you liked this recipe, don’t forget to subscribe for new (and of course free) recipes by entering your email address on the side bar (and get all the recipes delivered to your inbox when we post). Don’t miss out on a thing. You can find us on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter!
Gastronomblog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com4 cuFollow my blog with Bloglovin