Last Updated on May 8, 2023 by The Noms
Perfect for spring, but tasty all year, this Carrot Cake cocktail is great for Easter brunch or breakfast. This Carrot Cake White Russian is a spring must make drink featuring carrot infused cream and allspice for the flavors of the great dessert.
A classic White Russian cocktail combines vodka, coffee liqueur, and cream for a delicious creamy drink that an ideal after dinner drink. But, for this spring recipe we wanted to change up flavors a bit. We infused the cream with fresh carrot juice and added some allspice dram to the cocktail for a Carrot Cake feel. Try our Chai White Russian, too!
This post contains affiliate links for products that we think you as readers might find useful, and we make commission off of these! For more details about our affiliates, click our Disclosure and Contacts Page.
What is a White Russian?
The Russian part of this classic cocktail references the vodka in the drink, meaning that vodka is a classic Russian liquor.
The White Russian came to be after someone invented the Black Russian cocktail around 1949. That drink is a combo of just coffee liqueur and vodka. But some years later, someone thought to add cream, and the classic White Russian recipe was born.
Traditionally, the White Russian is served over ice in a rocks glass. When made, it can either be shaken in a cocktail shaker with all ingredients together, or the cocktail ingredients can be poured into the glass so that the cream and alcohol create layers.
Try out our Eggnog White Russian!
Carrot Cake White Russian Ingredients
- Vodka – just use whatever brand you like. You can also feel free to use vanilla vodka or cake vodka if you want an even sweeter Carrot Cake cocktail!
- Coffee Liqueur – again, use your favorite brand. Some great suggestions are Kahlua, Mr Black, or St George NOLA Coffee.
- Allspice Dram – we used our homemade allspice dram recipe, but there are some store-bought options like St Elizabeth or Bitter Truth Pimento Dram.
- Carrot Cream – recipe ingredients and instructions are in the recipe card below, but it is a great combo of fresh carrot juice, heavy whipping cream, brown sugar and a dash of salt. Adds a dash of spring to this cocktail!
- Nutmeg – grated nutmeg over the top of the cocktail for a garnish
How to Make a Carrot Cake Cocktail
This Carrot Cake White Russian is the easiest drink to make because you can just mix in the glass, no shaking required! You can shake if you would like, though, or stir when you build in the glass. Or, just float the cream on top of the vodka, coffee liqueur and allspice dram. I love the separate and yet floating ingredients, makes such a pretty drink!
This recipe makes one drink, and takes just a few minutes to make.
Enjoy this spring twist on the classic cocktail, which makes it perfect for Easter sipping! Perfect for brunch, or after meal decadence!
You don’t really need a single carrot to make the carrot cream. You just need some fresh carrot juice. So, you may need some carrots if you are making your own juice, but store bought is great! We got some great fresh carrot juice at Trader Joe’s!
Make sure to check the recipe below for how to make this great spring-y ingredient.
Tips & Tricks
- Liquor Choices – Always use good quality liquor, not the cheap stuff. Just make sure to use one you like because good liquor makes a difference!
- Perfect for a Crowd – This is the easiest drink to make for a crowd because of how easy they are to make!
- Kahlua – if you want to try some different flavors of Kahlua like Salted Caramel and Blonde Roast would be great for this Carrot Cake cocktail!
Or, if you need some Champagne Drinks for Easter, we have those too! Cheers!
Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and tag #gastronomcocktails so we can see all the wonderful recipes YOU recreate from this site!
You can also subscribe to our weekly newsletter so you never miss a delicious recipe again!
Like this recipe? Try these below, too!
Salted Bourbon Butterscotch White Russian
Other Easter Cocktails
Carrot Cake Cocktail
A Carrot Cake White Russian cocktail is perfect for spring brunch, or Easter dinner! Or, plan as an after dinner sip!
- 2 ounces vodka (or vanilla vodka)
- .75 ounce coffee liqueur
- .25 ounce allspice dram
- 1 ounce carrot cream (recipe below)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup fresh carrot juice
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- dash of salt
1. Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Bring to a boil and when sugar is dissolved turn down to low.
2. Let reduce slightly until the mixture is orange and creamy. Take off of heat and strain with a fine mesh strainer.
3. Let cool in a small bowl and before using skim off the layer on the top.
Carrot Cake White Russian
1. Add ice to a rocks glass and pour in vodka, coffee liqueur and allspice dram.
2. Pour carrot cream over the top. Stir if desired.
3. Grate nutmeg over the top.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:4 ounces
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 321Total Fat: 10.6gSaturated Fat: 6.6gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 14mgCarbohydrates: 14.1gSugar: 13.2gProtein: .6g
PIN THIS CARROT CAKE WHITE RUSSIAN COCKTAIL RECIPE FOR LATER!
Interested in stocking your own home bar? Make sure to see our favorites at our Amazon Store!
If you liked this post, don’t forget to subscribe for new (and of course free) recipes by entering your email address on the side bar (and get all the recipes delivered to your inbox when we post), so you don’t miss out on a thing. You can find us on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter!
Gastronomblog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com