Last Updated on November 16, 2022 by The Noms
Warm caramel flavors blend so nicely with ginger beer, lime and apple cider. Try this Caramel Apple Mule, a great fall cocktail!
Updated October 4, 2022
With fall comes apples and our annual trip to the apple orchards in Nebraska City. Nebraska City is home to Arbor Day Farms (founding group of Arbor Day) and home to a group of long time orchards that grow some fantastic apples.
Also, when we go to the orchards, we have to grab some of the fresh pressed apple cider, which means it is officially fall at our house! Caramel apples are also consumed in the fall around here, and we decided to create that in a cocktail version!
This post contains affiliate links for products that we think you as readers might find useful, and we make commission off of these! For more details about our affiliates, click our Disclosure and Contacts Page.
Caramel Apple Mule Ingredients
This Caramel Apple Mule recipe is a must make fall cocktail! An apple cider mule base, we added the sweet caramel vodka to this for a great fall twist that reminds us of caramel covered apples in cocktail form!
- Caramel Vodka – we have a great homemade Caramel Vodka, but store bought is fine if you can find it! Smirnoff makes a great one. If you are making homemade caramel vodka, or salted caramel vodka, know that caramels aren’t vegan. If you want a vegan option, Van Gogh Dutch Caramel Vodka or vegan caramels will work. Very tasty in our Caramel Apple Cider Mimosas, or Pumpkin Salted Caramel Martini, too!
- Apple Cider – fresh is best, obviously. You want to use apple cider, not apple juice! Make sure it’s chilled. Try our Professor’s Poisoned Apple cocktail, a great apple cider Halloween drink!
- Lime Juice – again, fresh squeezed is best! Make sure it is chilled for this recipe.
- Ginger Beer – Easy to find at grocery stores. There are low calorie options of ginger beer, like diet Goslings. So use what you have access to, Q mixers or Bundaberg are great, too!
Caramel Apple Moscow Mule
For this drink we combine caramel infused vodka and the apple cider. This gives a fresh caramel apple flavor to the classic Moscow Mule cocktail. This might sound really sweet, but balancing out a bit of the sweetness with fresh lime juice also helps keep this mule in balance.
The ginger beer works well with the combination too, adding a spiciness to the sweetness. If the drink is too sweet, feel free to add a dash more lime juice or ginger beer to temper that.
Do you need copper cups? Not completely necessary, but the icy cold copper mug keeps this cocktail perfectly chilled, which is hard to do in a rocks glass.
Apple Cider Mule
If you just want fall in a glass, use plain vodka instead of the caramel vodka in this recipe. This makes a simple apple cider mule with apple cider, lime juice and ginger beer. But, we wanted to make it extra special, so we made some homemade caramel vodka.
Salted Caramel Mule Recipe
The Caramel Vodka in this recipe can be bought easily at the store. However, if you want to take this cocktail to the next level, you can make your own caramel infused vodka. Making your own lets you get the caramel flavor just how you like it. Also, if you add a little bit of sea salt to make it a salted caramel infused vodka!
Are you Supposed to Shake a Moscow Mule?
Well, we guess you could, barring the ginger beer. But, this is an easy build in the glass cocktail, pouring everything over crushed ice and stirring. Make it how you want, but this is an easy and simple drink!
Tips and Tricks
- Can this be a mocktail? Yes, just omit the vodka, and mix all the other ingredients in a copper mug. Or try our non-alcoholic Cranberry Mule!
- Garnishes – single wrapped caramels and candied ginger pieces are great for garnishes. As well as apple slices or cinnamon sticks!
- Crushed ice – crushed ice in a copper mug makes the mug even more cold, and is easy to do with a Lewis Bag and Mallet.
- Pitcher – you can scale up this recipe to make a pitcher of these for a party. But, we wouldn’t add the ginger beer until serving.
This flavor combination is perfect for celebrating with when the weather starts to cool off! Cheers!
Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and tag #gastronomcocktails so we can see all the wonderful recipes YOU recreate from this site!
You can also subscribe to our newsletter so you never miss a delicious recipe again!
If You Are Looking for More Ginger Cocktails, Try These!
- Ginger Snap
- For Goodness Sake
- Ginger Cherry Smash
- Carrot Ginger Mimosa
- Bourbon Sweetheart
- Ginger Clementine Old Fashioned
- Holiday Ginger Flip
- Rosemary’s Pear
Here are some other flavored Moscow Mules for you to try out!
Blueberry Cucumber Moscow Mule
Other Moscow Mule Recipes
- Rosemary Grapefruit Moscow Mule
- Moscow Maui Mule – The Crumby Kitchen
- Grapefruit Smoked Salt London Mule
- Cherry Moscow Mule – Cooking with Curls
- Mexican Mule – I’m Bored Let’s Go
Other Caramel Apple Cocktails
- Caramel Apple Martini – Kitchen Swagger
- Apple Caramel Cocktail – Lemons for Lulu
- Caramel Apple Cider – The Merchant Baker
- Caramel Apple Cider Cocktail – The FarmWife Drinks
Caramel Apple Mule - A Vodka Cocktail
A fall version of the classic Moscow Mule cocktail. One of the best Moscow Mule recipes on the site, one of our favorite Moscow Mule variations.
For the Caramel Apple Mule
- 2 ounces caramel vodka (store bought is fine, too!)
- 2.50 ounces apple cider
- .50 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 ounces ginger beer
For the cocktail
Combine all ingredients in a copper mug with ice. Garnish with apple slice.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Anna and Sarah Dried Crystallized Ginger in Resealable Bag, 1 Lb
Bamboo Cocktail Picks Skewer with Knotted Ends
Fever-Tree Premium Ginger Beer, 16.9 Ounce Glass Bottles (Pack of 8)
Caramel Squares 5lb
Moscow Mule Copper Mugs Set of 4 - Solid Copper
Advanced Mixology Double Sided Jigger 100% Hammered Pure Copper 1oz/2oz for Perfect Cocktails (Hammered)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 186Total Fat: 0.1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 22.7gFiber: 0.2gSugar: 20.9gProtein: 0.1g
PIN THIS CARAMEL APPLE MULE RECIPE FOR LATER!
Interested in stocking your own home bar? Make sure to see our favorites at our Amazon Store!
If you liked this recipe, don’t forget to subscribe for new (and of course free) recipes by entering your email address on the side bar (and get all the recipes delivered to your inbox when we post), so you don’t miss out on a thing. You can find us on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter!
Gastronomblog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com
Sparkling Caramel Apple Screwdrivers - Seasoned Sprinkles
Friday 18th of October 2019
[…] way to turn my salted caramel hot chocolate into an adult beverage. You could also use it for these caramel apple Moscow mules. It would also be delicious in place of regular vodka in white […]
Pomegranate Rosemary Mimosa - A Refreshing Mimosa Recipe!
Tuesday 30th of October 2018
[…] Caramel Apple Moscow Mule […]
Cinnamon Apple Martini - One of the Best Cocktails for Fall
Thursday 18th of October 2018
[…] Caramel Apple Moscow Mule […]
MOSCOW MULE - RUBY RED GRAPEFRUIT - My Lifestyle Memoir
Wednesday 10th of October 2018
[…] to make this amazing drink I just want to try different versions of it. I found this recipe for a caramel apple that looks divine! And let’s get even more into the fall spirit with this amazing pumpkin […]
Pumpkin Pie Martini - One Of The Best Cocktails For Fall
Tuesday 18th of September 2018
[…] Caramel Apple Moscow Mule […]