Last Updated on June 12, 2023 by Leah Hall
This delicious alcohol free mulled wine is easy to make with juices and mulling spices. Make this non alcoholic mulled wine for a great mocktail to warm up with!
Chilly nights in winter call for warm drinks in a mug. Hot chocolate, tea, and mulled wine all come to our minds. But it still being Dry January, we wanted to make a mulled wine without the wine!
This post contains affiliate links for products that we think you as readers might find useful, and we make commission off of these! For more details about our affiliates, click our Disclosure and Contacts Page.
Using juice instead of wine makes this drink flavorful and not bitter or boozy. Anyone can enjoy this drink: those who don’t drink alcohol, or kids! This alcohol free mulled wine recipe will make you feel all warm and toasty in this chilly weather, and it can be enjoyed all day long!
Alcohol Free Mulled Wine
Traditionally mulled wine is made with a red wine, mulling spices and fruit. Often brandy is added, too. Alcohol Free Mulled Wine takes out the alcohol and uses juice in place of the wine. This alcohol free mulled wine recipe is created with grape juice, apple juice, fresh orange slices and mulling spices that simmer into a warm beverage that heats you from the inside out.
It is an easy mocktail you will want to over and over during the holiday season, or all winter long!
You all know we love a great glass of wine, but everyone should be able to enjoy some mulled wine and a warm drink! This is a great alternative for those that want something fun, but without the alcohol!
Why You’ll Love this Non Alcoholic Mulled Wine
- This recipe for alcohol free mulled wine is great for adults and kids alike!
- Easy to make: Just takes a few ingredients, and you can make it to your tastes. If you want it sweeter add some honey or simple syrup. Or mix up the spices to what you prefer.
- This recipe serves a crowd. Perfect for a party or holiday event! Easy to double or triple the recipe for everyone.
- Perfect for cool weather: when it comes to a lot of non alcoholic cocktails there are a lot of drinks for hot weather, so this one covers the other months.
- Gift: this alcohol free mulled wine would make a lovely Holiday gift!
- Cider version – Swap in cider for grape juice and you’ll have a tasty mulled cider!
Alcohol Free Mulled Wine Recipe Ingredients
- Grape Juice – 100% grape juice is perfect for this. The recipe calls for 24 ounces, and if you double, just look for a 46 ounce bottle and add a little more apple juice!
- Apple Juice – 100$ apple juice, and none of that watered down stuff. You can use apple cider, but it will be a little sweeter if you do so.
- Lemon Juice – Just a tiny dash, but gives it almost that wine feeling with the acidity.
- Orange – Fresh orange slices give this non alcoholic mulled wine a special touch, plus the color and flavor is lovely. Perfect for citrus season in Dry January.
- Star Anise – The licorice flavor is perfect with the sweet juices.
- Cinnamon Sticks – Cinnamon is the perfect warming spice!
- Cloves – gives a great bit of spice to the alcohol free mulled wine. Holiday feeling and oh so winter!
Non Alcoholic Mulled Wine Tips
- Make it ahead – Go ahead and warm the juices and mulling spices several hours ahead of time, and then store in a container with a lid and store in the fridge. When ready to serve, then put it back into saucepan for about a half an hour over low heat. Can also be warmed in the slow cooker on low heat until warmed through.
How to Store Non Alcoholic Mulled Wine
- Refrigerator – Let the alcohol free mulled wine cool completely, then seal in a container and store in the fridge for around 3-4 days.
- Freezer – You can freeze this non alcoholic mulled wine! Pour the liquid into containers and freeze. Be sure to leave a couple inches of extra space at the top of the container to prevent overflow.
How to Serve Non Alcoholic Mulled Wine
It’s easy to make this mulled wine on the stove top and let it simmer. Can also be placed in the crockpot to heat until warm.
- Right from the stove top or slow cooker so it’s warm, ladled into a glass mug, is how we serve it!
- Add in orange slices and spices to a special garnish.
- If you want alcohol in this non alcoholic mulled wine, feel free to add a bottle of brandy near the serving site and let your guests add what they want.
Yes! This makes it labor free, just add the ingredients into the slow cooker and set it to low for 1-2 hours.
Doesn’t Cooking Wine make Alcohol Evaporate in Regular Mulled Wine?
Yes and no. Simmering wine a long time will cook out most of the alcohol. Recipes like mulled wine are simmered over low heat, and the alcohol doesn’t cook out enough for it to be considered a low- to no-alcohol drink. That is why we made this version with grape juice!
When do You Serve Non Alcoholic Mulled Wine?
You can serve this virgin mulled wine at family events, friend get-togethers and holiday parties. This is a great alcohol free mulled wine for everyone!
We hope you enjoy this easy non alcoholic mulled wine recipe, perfect for winter sipping! Cheers!
Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and tag #gastronomcocktails so we can see all the wonderful recipes YOU recreate from this site!
You can also subscribe to our newsletter so you never miss a delicious recipe again!
Like this recipe? Try these below, too!
Ready for Some More Alcohol Free Cocktails?
- Cranberry Gin and Tonic
- Sparkling Tropical Mocktail
- Grapefruit Spritzer
- Sparkling Cider Mocktail
- Sparkling Cranberry Pine Mocktail
- Cranberry Moscow Mule
- Grapefruit Ginger Fizz
Other Non Alcoholic Warm Drinks
- Kinderpunsch – Food, Folks and Fun
- 4 Ingredient Hot Toddy – Shifting Roots
- Hot Buttered Pineapple Mocktail – Purple Pumpkin Blog
- Alcohol Free Lemon Hot Toddy – Mary’s Nest
- Mulled Hot Apple Cider – Hungry Healthy Happy
This alcohol free mulled wine is full of flavor from juices and mulling spices. A great non alcoholic version of the warming drink.
- 3 cups grape juice
- 1 cup apple juice
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 6 cloves
- 4 star anise
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 orange, sliced
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium low heat.
- Take non alcoholic mulled wine off of heat and ladle into glasses, and add a piece of spice: star anise or cinnamon stick and a slice of orange!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 100Total Fat: .3gSaturated Fat: .1gSodium: 4mgCarbohydrates: 23.3gFiber: 1g
Interested in stocking your own home bar? Make sure to see our favorites at our Amazon Store!
If you liked this post, don’t forget to subscribe for new (and of course free) recipes by entering your email address on the side bar (and get all the recipes delivered to your inbox when we post), so you don’t miss out on a thing. You can find us on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest!
Gastronomblog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com