A Spicy twist on the classic whiskey cocktail with this Peach Old Fashioned.
This drink is is a twist on one of the most popular classic cocktails, the Old Fashioned, by adding grilled peaches and a spicy kick from Crazy Gringa’s Datil Pepper Hot Sauce. The grilled peach gives a fresh summery sweetness that combines with the mellow caramel and vanilla flavors that come from the Templeton Rye we chose as the base spirit.
The spice from the Datil Pepper Hot Sauce has a nice slow burn that builds at the end of each sip. This is a great drink for fans of bold flavors and Old Fashioned cocktails and the addition of the spicy pepper makes this drink a very manly drink that might be perfect for Father’s Day! We also love our Ginger Clementine Old Fashioned, too!
This post contains affiliate links for products that we think you as readers might find useful, and we make commission off of these! For more details about our affiliates, click our Disclosure and Contacts Page.
Like this recipe? Try these below, too!
Other Spicy Old Fashioned Recipes
Spiced Old Fashioned – Liquor.com
Ancho Old Fashioned – Chasing Kendall
Peppercorn Old Fashioned – Bar Notes
Other Peach Cocktails
Roasted Peach Old Fashioned – Mama Gourmand
Spiked Peach Punch – Sugar & Soul
Cheeky Peach – Liquor.com
Jacked Up Peach – Restless Chipotle
Rum & Peach with Chili Syrup – Kitchen Sanctuary
- 2 oz Templeton Rye Whiskey
- 1/2 grilled or bruleed small peach
- 2 brandied cherry (our recipe here!)
- 1/4th teaspoon Crazy Gringa Datil Pepper Hot Sauce (or other hot sauce that might be local to you!)
- 3 dashes Angostura Bitters
- Lightly brush the slices of the peach with a bit of oil and grill them to get a bit of char on them.
- Place the peach into the bottom of a mixing glass with the brandied cherry, hot sauce and bitters.
- Muddle the peach and cherry until the peach is fully broken down.
- Add in the rye and double strain into a rocks glass with ice.
- Garnish with a peach slice and a brandied cherry.
Interested in stocking your own home bar? Make sure to see our favorites at our Amazon Store!
If you liked this recipe, don’t forget to subscribe for new (and of course free) recipes by entering your email address on the side bar (and get all the recipes delivered to your inbox when we post), so you don’t miss out on a thing. You can find us on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter!