25 Comments

1. Ayana Pitterson
    August 3, 2017 @ 10:04 am

Dang.. .I wish it was 5pm here right now. This looks like it is the perfect happy hour cocktail. I am having a little get together this weekend, and would love to have this as the featured drink. Thanks for sharing.

• The 'Noms.
      August 6, 2017 @ 1:28 pm

Aw, thanks so much! Hope you got to try it out enjoy! Cheers!

2. Roxsanne Slatford
    August 3, 2017 @ 11:32 am

This looks amazing and I love apricots but tend to agree with you about it being overshadowed by its juicier cousins! Great post and your photo’s are really great!

• The 'Noms.
      August 6, 2017 @ 1:28 pm

Thanks so much! We had fun with this one! Cheers!

3. joancajic
    August 3, 2017 @ 12:42 pm

Now I seriously need a drink, this just looks so tempting and tasty, thank you for sharing. That’s it I’m off to see what I have.

• The 'Noms.
      August 6, 2017 @ 1:26 pm

Thanks, hope you try it out! Cheers!

4. kuleighbaker
    August 3, 2017 @ 6:12 pm

Love apricots and love bourbon but I’ve never thought to combine the two! Pinning for later.

• The 'Noms.
      August 6, 2017 @ 1:26 pm

Thanks, it’s a delicious combo that we hadn’t thought of before either, but it worked perfectly! Cheers!

5. Denisse Salinas
    August 3, 2017 @ 6:38 pm

These look delicious! I love upgrading classic cocktails with fresh fruit and herbs. Can’t wait to try this one!

• The 'Noms.
      August 6, 2017 @ 1:27 pm

We do too! So fun, and refreshing! Cheers!

6. Rimsha
    August 4, 2017 @ 1:44 am

I personally don’t drink but this sounds great for anyone who does 🙂

7. hooplah
    August 4, 2017 @ 11:49 am

I wish I could just reach out and grab that glass 😀 Love the flavors!

• The 'Noms.
      August 6, 2017 @ 1:25 pm

Thanks so much! It’s so flavorful and delicious! Cheers!

8. Amber
    August 4, 2017 @ 12:33 pm

This sounds really interesting! I’ll have to pin it to try one day!

9. Sally
    August 4, 2017 @ 2:28 pm

Sounds like a great cocktail. I wish I had one or two right now.

• The 'Noms.
      August 6, 2017 @ 1:27 pm

Right?! Sounds perfect! Cheers!

10. Kristen
    August 4, 2017 @ 4:28 pm

I’m obsessed with sour beer and all things sour, so I can only imagine how good a sour cocktail is!

• The 'Noms.
      August 6, 2017 @ 1:25 pm

We love sours, they are so flavorful and acidic, always a favorite of ours! Cheers!

11. Garlic + Zest
    August 5, 2017 @ 1:59 pm

This sounds so delicious! I make a honey thyme simple syrup but apricots sound like an absolutely wonderful summertime diversion. The color of this cocktail is just glorious — and bourbon. I mean, bourbon! Hello!

• The 'Noms.
      August 6, 2017 @ 1:23 pm

Thanks so much! We loved the apricot flavor in this, and it felt so summery to us! And the bourbon, right? I get it, haha! Cheers!

12. Sarah @ Champagne Tastes
    August 7, 2017 @ 7:28 pm

I saw bourbon and was sold! Haha! And for some reason I STILL haven’t found any apricots this year, but I know exactly what I’m making once I see some!!!

13. Whole Food Bellies (@Wholefoodbellie)
    August 8, 2017 @ 10:34 pm

We love fresh apricots in summer, and I have always used them in cooking but never in a drink. I am loving the sound of that syrup! We have some fancy friends coming over for dinner this weekend, so I am excited to branch out of our normal offerings of beer and wine and whip up a batch of these delicious sounding cocktails!

14. diversivore
    August 9, 2017 @ 9:46 am

We are in complete agreement over the apricot’s status as underappreciated stone fruit. You can do so much with them, and they really shine when they’re cooked or added to recipes. We had a cold winter and a long, wet spring, so this year’s apricot harvest was ridiculously late (seriously, I can still get local apricots right now), so I’m still playing with them. Despite your correct assertion that they’ve long been used in alcohols, I’ve never done much with them in that regard, but I’m inspired to try now – especially alongside bourbon! Cheers.