20 Comments

1. Rachel K Hall
    July 26, 2017 @ 2:30 pm

I notice you mentioned putting the mint in after the syrup has reached a boil. Is that technique the same for all herb syrups?
    I made some mint simple syrup and used it in your Pineapple Mojito recipe. My guests loved it. Perfect for a hot summer evening get-together.
    Thanks.

• The 'Noms.
      July 26, 2017 @ 3:34 pm

For most of the herb simple syrups this is the technique we use as it keeps the oils (that bring all the flavors) from boiling off with the heat. For fruit based simple syrups or some spice syrups we will boil the syrup with those flavor items in it! Cheers!

2. Leslie Nichole
    July 26, 2017 @ 8:41 pm

That is crazy how easy it is to make. I want to do a little herb garden set up next year.

• The 'Noms.
      August 6, 2017 @ 1:22 pm

Yes! So easy and so flavorful! We have a herb garden just for our cocktails!

3. Tasia B
    July 31, 2017 @ 12:09 pm

I have never in my life heard of Mint syrup. What a unique recipe! Thanks for sharing

• The 'Noms.
      August 6, 2017 @ 1:22 pm

Thanks, herb simple syrups are a staple in our cocktails, so we are always playing around with them!

4. Jolina
    July 31, 2017 @ 1:59 pm

Love all your cocktails! They look so elegant and not to mention deeelicious. Amateur question: boiling water and sugar – is that regular simple syrup?

• The 'Noms.
      August 6, 2017 @ 1:19 pm

Thanks so much! Yes, water and sugar together is just simple syrup, which we use a lot of, too!

5. Mira
    July 31, 2017 @ 2:43 pm

I was expecting a more green syrup, considering the whole mint thing, but it makes sense that it’s not. Sounds yummy!

• The 'Noms.
      August 6, 2017 @ 1:19 pm

Thanks, there is just a hint of color, from placing it in the hot water, but really is stays a neutral color and just extracts the flavor! Thank you!

6. Ash Sears
    July 31, 2017 @ 4:18 pm

I have SO many cocktails ideas that I could use this mint simple syrup win. YUMMOLA!

• The 'Noms.
      August 6, 2017 @ 1:21 pm

Yes, it’s such a great flavor that goes with so many things! Cheers!

7. April@loveourreallife
    July 31, 2017 @ 5:01 pm

First of all, your photos are beautiful! I pinned this recipe and will be giving it a try soon. I’m anxious to check out some of your other recipes!

• The 'Noms.
      August 6, 2017 @ 1:20 pm

Thanks so much, we appreciate it! Hope you try it out!

8. Patricia @ Grab a Plate
    August 1, 2017 @ 12:10 am

It definitely makes things easy if you have mint growing somewhere close! Love mint flavor that goes well with so many things!

• The 'Noms.
      August 6, 2017 @ 1:18 pm

Absolutely, and we have a herb garden just for our cocktails, haha!

9. Denay DeGuzman
    August 1, 2017 @ 12:56 am

I love the beauty and ease of this Mint Simple Syrup recipe! Just looking at your gorgeous photos I can almost taste the cool, refreshing mint flavor. This would be perfect drizzled over ice cream.

• The 'Noms.
      August 6, 2017 @ 1:17 pm

Thank you so much! Mint is one of my favorites, it’s such a refreshing flavor!

10. Isabelle @ Crumb
    August 1, 2017 @ 11:40 am

I have a big patch of fresh mint that’s trying to take over my garden, so I’m constantly on the lookout for new things I can make with mint so that I can try to keep that patch under control. Loving the sound of that Pineapple Mojito that Rachel mentioned in her comment… sounds like my mint patch is getting a trim over the weekend! 🙂

• The 'Noms.
      August 6, 2017 @ 1:20 pm

Yes! The Mojito is fantastic, as well as some of our other cocktails, so I think your weekend sounded like a blast! 😉 Enjoy!