A refreshing combination of pineapple and cilantro makes for a great pineapple margarita.
We have one rule of thumb we always follow when we celebrate Cinco de Mayo: Always have a top notch margarita or paloma in your hand! This year we decided to try out a brand new margarita using some of the fresh herbs from our garden and one of our favorite fruits, pineapple, to make the Fresh Pineapple Cilantro Margarita!
Combining two flavors commonly found in Mexican cuisine, this drink is pleasantly sweet and tart with a great herbal burst that brings images of sitting on the beaches of the Mayan Rivera sipping on drinks and eating delicious fresh salsa!
This post contains affiliate links for products that we think you as readers might find useful, and we make commission off of these! For more details about our affiliates, click our Disclosure and Contacts Page.
Ingredients Needed for the Pineapple Cilantro Margarita
- Lime Juice
- Triple Sec
- Simple Syrup
- Silver Tequila
Like this recipe? Try these below, too!
Other Margarita Recipes
- Datil Peach Margarita – The Gastronom
- Jalapeno Basil Margarita – In Mama Maggie’s Kitchen
- Cherry Lemonade Margaritas – The Speckled Palate
- Rosemary Beet Margarita – Such the Spot
- Fresh Cherry Margaritas – The Crumby Kitchen
Other Pineapple Cocktails
- Fall in Paradise – The Gastronom
- Coconut Pineapple Margarita – Basil and Bubbly
- Pineapple Bourbon Lemonade – Take Two Tapas
- Pineapple Daiquiri – Cooking LSL
- Coconut Banana Pineapple Rum Old Fashioned – Craft and Cocktails
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chunks
- 3 oz tequila, blanco or silver
- 1 oz simple syrup (add more if not sweet enough)
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 1/2 oz triple sec
- 2 oz freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 sprigs of cilantro (for garnish)
Muddle pineapple chunks and cilantro, add tequila, triple sec, lime juice and simple syrup in a shaker.
Shake vigorously for 1 minute until combined.
Strain into a glass rimmed with salt and crushed ice.
Garnish with pineapple and a sprig of cilantro.
The herbal flavor of the cilantro cuts the sweetness of the drink, and depending how sweet your pineapple is, we added a bit of simple syrup to the ingredient list.
New Star 48360 Plastic 3-Tier Bar Glass Rimmer, Black
Cocktail Muddler - Stainless Steel - Grooved Nylon Head - Create Delicious Refreshing Cocktails by Decodyne.
Luckygoobo Stainless Steel Cocktail Shaker,25oz,Silver
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 507 Total Fat: 0.3g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 341mg Carbohydrates: 50g Fiber: 2.6g Sugar: 51.2g Protein: 1.2g
Interested in stocking your own home bar? Make sure to see our favorites at our Amazon Store!
If you liked this recipe, don’t forget to subscribe for new (and of course free) recipes by entering your email address on the side bar (and get all the recipes delivered to your inbox when we post), so you don’t miss out on a thing. You can find us on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter!Follow my blog with Bloglovin