Last Updated on September 19, 2022 by The Noms
This herb infused syrup is full of flavor. Make this great thyme simple syrup that will add so much herbaceousness to cocktails and drinks!
This thyme infused simple syrup adds an herbal sweetness and flavor to drink like iced tea or a homemade cocktail. Thyme is a subtle and aromatic herb with a flavor that works well with many different cuisines. Because of this using fresh thyme works really well in simple syrup.
This post contains affiliate links for products that we think you as readers might find useful, and we make commission off of these! For more details about our affiliates, click our Disclosure and Contacts Page.
The thyme simple syrup compliments gin, vodka, or bourbon in cocktails, or in iced tea and lemonade. Lemon and thyme are a fabulous duo in drinks, so this simple syrup is a great way to sweeten up a Lemon Gimlet or fresh lemonade.
Thyme simple syrup is super easy to make, and we think you will love this new flavor ingredient in your cocktail arsenal.
Fresh thyme has a delicate and earthy taste with some mint and citrus aromas.
- Thyme – You will need at least 3 sprigs of fresh thyme to infuse the simple syrup. Dried thyme can work too, with a little modification. Dried herbs can be trickier to use in infusions because the leaves are delicate and tougher to strain. If you want to use dried, we suggest a reusable tea bag filled with dried thyme and then steep until the flavor is where you want.
- Sugar – We used regular granulated sugar.
How to Make Thyme Simple Syrup
Tips & Tricks
- Flavor Combinations – Some other flavor combos that go well with thyme are: cranberries, lemon, blueberry and grapefruit, strawberry, blackberry, elderflower. A long list, but adds a great flavor of herb and lemon to any combo.
- Drink Ideas – we have some above, but great for iced tea, lemonade and cocktails. Also great sweetening sparkling water or club soda. Maybe with a squeeze of lemon or lime juice?
- Other Uses – drizzle on top of baked goods: cakes, muffins, fruit tarts, etc. Also great on top of ice cream or pie!
- Other Sweetener – if you want a different sweetener than granulated sugar, we suggest either honey or maple syrup. Or, sugar free with Stevia!
Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and tag #gastronomcocktails so we can see all the wonderful recipes YOU recreate from this site!
You can also subscribe to our newsletter so you never miss a delicious recipe again!
Like this recipe? Try these below, too!
Other Simple Syrup Recipes
- Blackberry Syrup
- Apple Cider Syrup
- Cinnamon Simple Syrup
- Lemon Syrup
- Strawberry Syrup
- Lilac Simple Syrup
- Rhubarb Syrup
- Peach Simple Syrup
- Pine Simple Syrup
- Lavender Syrup
- Fennel Syrup
- Hibiscus Simple Syrup
- Rich Raspberry Syrup
- Rosemary Simple Syrup
- Cranberry Syrup
A homemade thyme simple syrup perfect for sweetening lemonade, tea or cocktails!
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- Combine water and sugar in small saucepan.
- When sugar is dissolved and just boiling, pull saucepan off of heat.
- Add thyme sprigs and let infuse for at least 15 minutes.
You can use dry thyme - please see notes above.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:.50 ounce
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 23Carbohydrates: 6.3gSugar: 6.3g
PIN THIS THYME SIMPLE SYRUP RECIPE FOR LATER!
Interested in stocking your own home bar? Make sure to see our favorites at our Amazon Store!
If you liked this post, don’t forget to subscribe for new (and of course free) recipes by entering your email address on the side bar (and get all the recipes delivered to your inbox when we post), so you don’t miss out on a thing. You can find us on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter!
Gastronomblog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.comFollow my blog with Bloglovin