Last Updated on April 10, 2023 by The Noms
An easy to make cocktail, that is easier to make into a large punch for a crowd, too! This Thanksgiving Champagne Cocktail is full of fall and winter flavors.
Well, we couldn’t let you have Thanksgiving without a Thanksgiving cocktail, could we? This Thanksgiving Champagne Cocktail the perfect drink to sip for pre-dinner, during dinner and perfect with dessert. It has just the right amount of sweet and dry together to compliment the whole meal.
This post contains sponsored content brought to you by Marussia Beverages USA. We received compensation to create this post. But, all opinions and views presented here are 100% our own. This post contains affiliate links for products that we think you as readers might find useful, and we make commission off of these! For more details about our affiliates, click our Disclosure and Contacts Page.
Plus, we think this Thanksgiving Champagne cocktail goes perfectly with all the classic Thanksgiving dishes!
It’s a festive and not too sweet bubbly cocktail that’s perfect for the holidays! If you want a whole bunch of Champagne Drinks for Easter, we have you covered, too!
Bärenjäger Honey Liqueur
Bärenjäger is the original honey liqueur with deep roots. It dates back to 18th century Germany, Bärenjäger was originally used to lure bears out by hunters. The name does translate into “Bear Hunter.”
We do use Bärenjäger in a few other cocktails like our Honey Bee’s Knees or Bärenjäger bourbon in our Honey Bourbon Pear Cocktail. Both perfect for winter, or all year long!
Bärenjäger has vanilla notes and a floral bouquet to the nose. The tasting notes are sweet and strong honey flavors. They use pure honey to make the liqueur, and it is lovely on the rocks or in cold or hot cocktails.
How to Make a Thanksgiving Champagne Cocktail
We served this in a wine glass, but a coupe, large champagne glass, or even a highball glass, would work. Start by combining the Bärenjäger Liqueur, apple brandy, lemon juice, and bitters in the glass with ice. Stir to combine.
Then, top with champagne (or prosecco or cava, if using). Garnish with spices (or other suggestions below) and enjoy!
Bitters are what Jay and I call the salt and pepper of the cocktail world. They add so much flavor with not a lot of additional liquid. Just a few drops or dashes will do you! We used 2 kinds in this Thanksgiving Champagne cocktail, because we wanted both the nut flavor from the Hazelnut bitters and the spice from the clove bitters.
This gives it a great baked and spiced flavor, perfect for a fall cocktail.
Thanksgiving Cocktail Ingredients
To make this cocktail, you will need these ingredients –
- Bärenjäger – we use this honey liqueur as the sweetener in this recipe, and we love the honey flavor it brings to this fall cocktail.
- Apple Brandy – Apple brandy brings fall flavor to the Thanksgiving Champagne cocktail as well as a smoothness and slight oaky taste. If you have access to a local distillery that makes apple brandy, use that for sure!
- Lemon Juice – remember, fresh squeezed is best! this adds the citrus balance that the cocktail needs, and makes it less sweet.
- Bitters – we used 2 different kinds in this recipe. We wanted the fall flavors to shine, and clove bitters as well as hazelnut bitters combine for a spiced and baked flavor.
- Champagne: We used a brut champagne for this recipe, but if you want something sweeter, Prosecco or Cava would work, too. Prosecco is a sparkling wine that is sweeter than champagne. Because Prosecco is fruitier than other sparkling wines, it will make your cocktail a little sweeter. But, if you like your cocktails drier and not sweet, try out the brut champange.
Tips & Tricks
- Garnish – we used just a simple cinnamon stick and star anise as garnish. But, some other options could be cranberries, apple wheel or orange twist.
- Chill – chill everything in this recipe. If you make sure the Bärenjäger and apple brandy are chilled, as well as the lemon juice and champagne, you will make sure that the ice doesn’t melt as fast. Chilling also will make this recipe taste even better. So, try to chill for at least 2 hours before mixing up!
- Elevate – if you want to rim the glasses of this Thanksgiving Champagne cocktail, feel free to make a mixture of cinnamon and sugar and then dip the glass in it. Will add some great spice to the drink.
Thanksgiving Champagne Cocktail For a Crowd
This cocktail recipe can be made in a pitcher or punch bowl to make serving them for a crowd easier.
- Combine all the ingredients except champagne in the pitcher or punch bowl. If making for 8: use 8 ounces each Bärenjäger and Apple Brandy, 2 ounces lemon juice and 24 dashes of halzenut bitters and 16 drops of clove bitters.
- Store in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
- When serving, top each glass with some champagne. Or, if you are serving from a punch bowl, add the champagne to the mixture and garnish in the bowl or glasses.
Appetizer Ideas for Thanksgiving
- Roasted Grapes
- Amber Ale BBQ Crostini
- Sweet Potato Guacamole Bites
- Cherry Crostini
- Blackberry Fig Goat Cheese Crostini
Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and tag #gastronomcocktails so we can see all the wonderful recipes YOU recreate from this site!
You can also subscribe to our weekly newsletter so you never miss a delicious recipe again!
Like this recipe? Try these below, too!
Other Thanksgiving Cocktails
Thanksgiving Champagne Cocktail
This Thanksgiving Champagne Cocktail is perfect for celebrating the season! Make it for 1, 2 or for a crowd, and this bubbly will be a great celebratory drink!
- 1 ounce Barenjager Honey Liqueur
- 1 ounce apple brandy
- .25 ounce lemon juice
- 3 dashes hazelnut bitters
- 2 drops clove bitters
- 2 ounces (top with) champagne (or prosecco or cava)
- Combine all ingredients except prosecco in a wine glass. Stir with ice.
- Top with prosecco and garnish with cinnamon stick and star anise if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Spicy World Star Anise 3 Ounce
Rodelle Cinnamon Sticks, 8 Ounce
The Bitter Housewife Westward Hazelnut Bitters
Infuse Bitters (Clove)
Wine glasses Hand Blown Premium Crystal Red Square wine glass set of 4 Modern Unique Large Long Stem white wine glasses 22Oz capacity Clear for Wedding, Anniversary, Christmas
Serving Size:4 ounces
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 197Total Fat: .2gSaturated Fat: .1gSodium: 6mgCarbohydrates: 15.1gSugar: 13.3gProtein: .1g
PIN THIS THANKSGIVING CHAMPAGNE COCKTAIL RECIPE FOR LATER!
Interested in stocking your own home bar? Make sure to see our favorites at our Amazon Store!
If you liked this post, don’t forget to subscribe for new (and of course free) recipes by entering your email address on the side bar (and get all the recipes delivered to your inbox when we post), so you don’t miss out on a thing. You can find us on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter!
Gastronomblog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com