Last Updated on March 8, 2023 by The Noms
This twist on the classic Pina Colada, an Irish Cream version, this Baileys Colada is tasty and tropical, but has great Irish Cream flavor that adds a richness to the drink!
This Baileys Colada recipe is a frozen cocktail, not to be confused with the Bailey’s Colada liqueur. The Baileys Colada Liqueur is piña colada flavored, very unlike the classic Irish Cream. We actually used the classic Irish Cream in this recipe as opposed to the coconut and pineapple flavored liqueur.
This post contains affiliate links for products that we think you as readers might find useful, and we make commission off of these! For more details about our affiliates, click our Disclosure and Contacts Page.
We discovered while using it, it curdled while combined with the other ingredients, so that was a no go. We also loved the Irish Cream flavor in the midst of the tropical ones.
Piña Colada Cocktail
The piña colada comes from San Juan, Puerto Rico. It was created by bartender Ramón “Monchito” Marrero at the Caribe Hilton in 1954. He made up a fruity and tropical blend of rum, coconut and pineapple juice, and a fabulous summer sip was created!
The standard recipe has coconut cream to make the creamy flavor, and Bailey’s Irish Cream adds a whole new level of creaminess with the added bonus of some more booze.
We know what you are thinking, Baileys in a piña colada? Trust us, because it tastes fantastic with the traditional Colada flavors of rum, coconut & pineapple. Try another rum based cocktail in the Mai Tai!
What Does Bailey’s Piña Colada Taste Like?
It’s a creamy and delicious twist on the classic cocktail. The Irish Cream adds a rich undertone to the creaminess of the coconut cream, and makes it richer and darker.
Baileys Colada Tips & Tricks
The Baileys Colada is pretty simple, which is why it’s easy to change things up if you would like.
- If you would like more coconut flavor, use a coconut rum. You can use just coconut rum or 1 ounce with 1 ounce of light rum.
- If you don’t like coconut at all, feel free to take out the cream of coconut and add an extra half ounce of Bailey’s Irish Cream.
- Use a half ounce less of light rum and instead add a half ounce of spiced or dark rum, this may change the color slightly.
- You can use the Bailey’s Colada Liqueur in this, but know that even with blending, it may curdle a bit. But it adds a lovely flavor to the colada.
- You can leave out using the blender, and serve this mixture shaken and poured over ice.
Piña Colada Garnishes
If you don’t have a pineapple wedge (we didn’t!) and cherry garnish won’t work, here are some more choices.
- Pineapple fronds in a fan shape.
- Orange, lemon or lime wheel or slice.
- Place several cherries on a sword pick.
- And like we did, add a colorful straw or fun paper umbrella.
Try out our St Patrick’s Day Vodka Drinks or Irish Cream Cocktail Recipes, too!
Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and tag #gastronomcocktails so we can see all the wonderful recipes YOU recreate from this site!
You can also subscribe to our newsletter so you never miss a delicious recipe again!
Like this recipe? Try these below, too!
Other Piña Colada Variations
- Mango Colada – 2 Cookin Mamas
- Fresh Cherry Piña Colada – Or Whatever You Do
- Chocolate Piña Colada – Crazy for Crust
- Strawberry Piña Coladas – Salima’s Kitchen
- Blueberry Colada – Beautiful Booze
Frozen Bailey's Colada Cocktail
This Bailey's Colada cocktail is a frozen treat perfect for summer sipping! We added some Irish Cream to make it more rich and flavorful!
- 2 ounces white rum
- 1.50 ounces Bailey's Irish Cream
- 1 ounce pineapple juice
- .50 ounce coconut cream
- .25 ounce lime juice
- 1 cup ice
- Combine all ingredients in a blender with ice.
- Blend well.
- Pour into glass.
- Garnish with cherry, pineapple and umbrella.
You can leave out the ice and using the blender and serve this mixture shaken and poured over ice!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:8 ounces
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 319Total Fat: 8.9gSaturated Fat: 6.4gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 37mgCarbohydrates: 15.7gFiber: .4gSugar: 11.9gProtein: 1.7g
PIN THIS FROZEN BAILEY’S COLADA COCKTAIL RECIPE FOR LATER!
Interested in stocking your own home bar? Make sure to see our favorites at our Amazon Store!
If you liked this post, don’t forget to subscribe for new (and of course free) recipes by entering your email address on the side bar (and get all the recipes delivered to your inbox when we post), so you don’t miss out on a thing. You can find us on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter!
Gastronomblog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.comFollow my blog with Bloglovin