The end of summer doesn’t mean we stop having ice cream in our house, especially when in our house September is peach season, thanks to the peach trees in our back yard. Needing lots of ways to use our peaches, we wanted to try some of our peaches in a fresh homemade batch of ice cream. Earlier in the summer, we discovered the no churn ice cream method when we made our Rye Old Fashioned No Churn Ice Cream and loved the results, so we decided to make another round of no churn homemade ice cream, a Bourbon and Peach No Churn Ice Cream. This post contains affiliate links for products that we think you as readers might find useful, plus it might actually let us buy some more booze to make our bar even better while allowing us to keep bringing cool content to you! For more details about our affiliates, click our Disclosure and Contacts Page.
No churn ice cream is a really great, simple way to make some great homemade ice cream. Using heavy whipping cream as the base, the no churn ice cream is rich and creamy and surprisingly smooth, which makes for a very luxurious feeling treat. A very classic flavor combination is peaches and cream and one that is a big time favorite in our house. With the heavy whipping cream base providing the creamy component, our fresh peaches would add the sweet and tart edge to the rich cream.
Wanting to spice up the original combination a bit, we decided to make a “Peaches Foster’ and saute the fresh peaches in a combination of bourbon, brown sugar and butter. The brown sugar and butter smoothed out the tart edge of the peaches and brought a flavor of warm baking spices and caramel. Cooking the peaches helped make them softer and a bit sweeter, which really made this the perfect partner for the rich creamy ice cream base.
Check out some of these cool ice cream tools that might help you make this Bourbon and Peach No Churn Ice Cream!
The Bourbon and Peach No Churn Ice Cream was a perfect late summer dessert, luxuriously smooth and rich with a hint of summer sweetness from the peach, while hinting at the coming fall with a bit of warm baking spices. Enjoy!
Combining peaches and bourbon, this Bourbon and Peach No Churn Ice Cream is a luxuriously rich and creamy ice cream that captures the sweetness of summer and the warm baking spices of fall for a lovely dessert.
- 2 cups fresh peaches, sliced and peeled
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 oz Bourbon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- In a stand mixer, or with a hand mixer, combine the heavy whipping cream and sweetened condensed milk until there are little "trails" in the cream, not peaks, as that is over mixing it.
- While the cream is mixing, combine peaches, butter and brown sugar in a skillet and cook until peaches are soft and the sauce is thicker. Stir in cinnamon.
- Take off heat and stir in bourbon and vanilla. Cool down peaches.
- When peach mixture is cool, and cream is ready, combine them.
- Pour into wax paper lined bread pans and freeze, covered, at least 8 hours.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin