A carrot cheesecake perfect for Easter brunch or any spring celebration!
With spring in the air, we wanted to make a dessert that would reflect the fresh start of the seasons. This carrot cheese cake was new to us, so in the spirit of something new, we decided to give it a try. The carrot flavor in the cheesecake is subtlety sweet and makes for a beautiful color.
Combined with a graham cracker crust, a cream cheese frosting topping, and fresh grated nutmeg on top, it tastes like a creamy version of carrot cake! This would be a perfect dessert for a nice spring evening or for Easter brunch! Pair it with our Carrot Ginger Mimosa!
This post contains affiliate links for products that we think you as readers might find useful, and we make commission off of these! For more details about our affiliates, click our Disclosure and Contacts Page.
Like this recipe? Try these below, too!
Other Spring Cheesecake Recipes
Mini Raspberry Lemon Cheesecakes – Garnish & Glaze
The Best Ever Vanilla Bean Cheesecake – Amy In the Kitchen
Lemon Souffle Cheesecake – Sweet & Savory by Shinee
Easter Cheesecake – Martha Stewart
Lemon Greek Yogurt Cheesecake Bars – Kristine’s Kitchen
Carrot Whiskey Cocktail – Little Bits Of
Ginger and Carrot Cocktail – Food Network
Carrot Moscow Mule – Veggie Desserts
Carrot Thing Cocktail – Liquor.com
Charred Jalapeno and Carrot Margarita – Salt and Wind
- 2 cups crushed graham crackers
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages, (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tbsp sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- dash nutmeg
- 1 1/3 cup carrots, cooked and pureed
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tbsp butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp sour cream
- Combine crumbs and sugar in a small bowl.
- Stir in butter.
- Press into the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan, continue pressing up the sides as well, to about 1 inch.
- Bake at 350 degrees 6-8 minutes. Cool.
- Beat cream cheese and sugars until smooth. Add eggs.
- Beat on low until just combined. Stir in cream, cornstarch, sour cream, vanilla, lemon juice and spices.
- Fold in carrots. Pour into crust.
- Double fold aluminum foil around springform pan.
- Place into a large pan and add 1 inch hot water.
- Bake 65-70 minutes at 350 degrees until the center is just set. Cool.
- Beat cream cheese and butter. Add powdered sugar a little at a time.
- Add vanilla and sour cream. Mix well.
- Top cooled cheesecake. Place in refrigerator until serving.
- Can be made 2-5 days in advance.
- Garnish cheesecake with fresh grated nutmeg.
Interested in stocking your own home bar? Make sure to see our favorites at our Amazon Store!
If you liked this recipe, don’t forget to subscribe for new (and of course free) recipes by entering your email address on the side bar (and get all the recipes delivered to your inbox when we post), so you don’t miss out on a thing. You can find us on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter!