Last Updated on September 17, 2023 by The Noms
An icy summer treat, with the summer flavors of coconut and strawberry we made an adult beverage! Creamy coconut and sweet strawberry syrup combine for a delicious, easy to sip, strawberry coconut cocktail.
We tend to try to make cocktails featuring ingredients that are in season. While cruising the aisles of the grocery store looking for inspiration, we found a nice batch of fresh strawberries which are typically fantastic in summer and inspired images of strawberry desserts and drinks. We thought a nice strawberry cocktail would be perfect for hot summer days!
This post contains affiliate links for products that we think you as readers might find useful, and we make commission off of these! For more details about our affiliates, click our Disclosure and Contacts Page.
Put those gorgeous summer sweet strawberries to use with this Tropical Strawberry Coconut Cocktail! Made creamy by using coconut cream and sweet with strawberry simple syrup. And it’s perfect for you vodka lovers, as that’s the only alcohol! It can go a a little to the sweet side but, you can easily cut the sweetness by using less simple syrup.
Combining coconut cream, strawberry simple syrup and vodka, this drink is perfect for sipping on the deck for a girls night, Valentine’s Day or as a sweet night cap. Easy to make, the strawberry syrup is also wonderful for breakfast pancakes or as a topping for ice cream!
We loved using coconut cream in this cocktail, because it doesn’t sit heavy like we sometimes find milk in cocktails to do. This is s a great light version of a creamy drink like a piña colada. Try some milk cocktails like our Captain Crunch Milk Punch or Strawberry Milkshake!
How to Make this Tropical Strawberry Coconut Cocktail
Strawberry and coconut is one of our favorite flavor combinations and it feels tropical! Feel free to add a bit more simple syrup in if you like your cocktails sweeter.
To make your own strawberry coconut cocktails, make the strawberry simple syrup ahead of time, so it has time to cool! When that’s done, add the coconut cream, simple syrup, vodka, pineapple juice and bitters in a cocktail shaker with ice.
Shake and strain this pink drink into a highball glass (make sure to check out our super fun Red Lobster Lighthouse glasses!), filled with crushed ice.
Top the cocktail with club soda for a refreshing sip! Garnish with a strawberry if you like, and a long paper straw! We want to try a Strawberry Coconut Daiquiri or Strawberry Coconut Margaritas, too, as well as a Coconut Lime Non-Alcoholic Cocktail.
What Ingredients are Needed for the Strawberry Coconut Cocktail?
- Strawberry Simple Syrup – as always, home syrup is best, especially this delicious strawberry simple syrup! Made with fresh berries, or with frozen strawberries, this syrup is rich and sweet. This way the sugar dissolves easier in a cocktail as a syrup.
- Vodka – any vodka will do. But, use your favorite brand!
- Angostura Bitters – this takes some of the sweetness away. Make sure you have Angostura bitters in your home bar, they are necessary!
- Pineapple Juice – this gives it an even more tropical vibe. Fresh is best, but canned is fine.
- Coconut Cream – This creamy ingredient is where you get a dash of sweetness and a big hit of coconut flavor. You can use cream of coconut, like Coco Real in the squeeze bottle. But, this is sweetened. So your drink will be suuuuuper sweet. We recommend using the Thai Kitchen brand or Coco Lopez in a can. Simply place the can in the fridge before using, and the coconut cream will set up slightly, and be thicker. This helps make the cocktail in our opinion. Thickens it up slightly and makes for a rich and perfect cocktail. Coconut cream is not coconut water, so don’t make that mix-up!
- Club Soda – this is added at the end, because of the carbonation. This helps thin the drinks out, and lightens it, making a great summer tropical cocktail.
- Crushed ice – You don’t have to serve this over crushed ice, but we encourage you to. use a Lewis Bag and Mallet to crush your own ice at home!
Tips & Tricks
- Glassware – we served this refreshing cocktail in a unique glass like a highball. But, that is what I would stick to here. A highball is great, works really well for a long straw too and umbrella for a tropical twist! Try these fun vintage Red Lobster Lighthouse glasses!
- Garnish – shredded coconut, toasted shredded coconut, whole fresh strawberry, strawberry slices, lime zest or lime wedge or lime slice are all great choices. Or try mint leaves. And a paper straw. And maybe a paper umbrella!
- Frozen – add all ingredients to a blender, plus 1 cup of ice. Pulse until smooth. Makes a great frozen drink too, not just over crushed ice.
- Other Flavors – You can swap out the strawberries with any other fresh or frozen fruit to make the simple syrup. Some great suggestions are: blackberry simple syrup, raspberry simple syrup, cherries, banana, blueberries, mango or a peach simple syrup. If you don’t have pineapple juice, you can try fresh lime juice instead.
- Other Alcohol – instead of vodka you can sub in Coconut Rum. Or, try our homemade Strawberry Vodka!
Like this recipe? Try these below, too!
Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and tag #gastronomcocktails so we can see all the wonderful recipes YOU recreate from this site!
You can also subscribe to our weekly newsletter so you never miss a delicious recipe again!
Other Strawberry Cocktails
- Frozen Strawberry Cosmo – We are not Martha
- Strawberry Daiquiri – Immaculate Bites
- Strawberry Rose Slush – Budget Bites
A light and fruity tropical cocktail. Strawberry syrup, Coconut cream, pineapple juice, vodka and bitters combine for this tasty Strawberry Coconut Cocktail!
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1.50 ounces coconut cream
- 1 ounce strawberry simple syrup
- .75 ounce pineapple juice
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- club soda
For the Cocktail
Pour the strawberry syrup, coconut cream, pineapple juice vodka and bitters into a shaker.
Add ice and shake for 15-20 seconds.
Add crushed or shaved ice into a highball glass.
Strain into glass, top with club soda.
Garnish with a fresh strawberry or slices of strawberry.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 282Total Fat: 10.1gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 7mgCarbohydrates: 26.9gFiber: 0.9gSugar: 25.9gProtein: 1g
Interested in stocking your own home bar? Make sure to see our favorites at our Amazon Store!
If you liked this recipe, don’t forget to subscribe for new (and of course free) recipes by entering your email address on the side bar (and get all the recipes delivered to your inbox when we post), so you don’t miss out on a thing. You can find us on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter!
Gastronomblog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com