Last Updated on June 12, 2023 by The Noms
This Lavender Margarita is the perfect herbal margarita for all year long with fresh lavender simple syrup. Easy to make, this twist on a classic margarita is delicious!
You know we love using lavender in cocktails, and we also know you either love it or hate it. So if you are one of the later, move along, you will hate this recipe. We’ve heard from people that think lavender flavor tastes like flowers, and it can so some degree.
This post contains affiliate links for products that we think you as readers might find useful, and we make commission off of these! For more details about our affiliates, click our Disclosure and Contacts Page.
But, to us lavender drinks are refreshing and light with a mild floral flavor, which is exactly how we would describe this lavender margarita. Also, try lavender in our Lavender Collins, Lavender Lemon Gin and Tonic Granita, Lavender Bee’s Knees or Lavender Old Fashioned.
To compare it, it seems to be the same way with cilantro – you either love or hate it. Or it tastes like soap.
What is the Difference Between Lavender and Culinary Lavender?
There are 47 types of lavender under the umbrella of culinary lavender. Any of these will work for you, but some of the most popular are: Folgate, Hidcote, Munstead are the ones we use most often.
Once you have your culinary lavender, make the lavender simple syrup, which is just lavender, water and sugar.
The rest of the lavender margarita is your favorite tequila blanco, fresh lime juice, Cointreau and a salted rim!
Lavender Simple Syrup
The floral notes of the lavender can be a overpowering, but in a simple syrup, it becomes a lovely and light floral sweetener. Using fresh or dried lavender buds bring a subtle floral note to the drink, while the bright and slightly lemon note works well with the other ingredients.
Lavender Margarita Ingredients
- Tequila Blanco – we prefer this tequila over reposado or añejo in this cocktail, but feel free to use what you prefer!
- Lavender Simple Syrup – this floral simple syrup adds so much flavor to the drink (hence the name!) and makes for a great floral margarita enjoyed all year long!
- Fresh Lime Juice – yes, fresh is best! No margarita mix for these lavender margaritas, just use fresh simple ingredients, including citrus!
- Cointreau -this orange liqueur is necessary in a margarita. (Like our Blackberry Margarita), or you can feel free to use triple sec or Grand Marnier, too.
- Salted Rim – also not completely necessary, but we love a salted rim with a margarita! Check out our Raspberry Margarita post to see how to rim a glass for a margarita!
How to Make a Lavender Margarita
A margarita is one of the easiest cocktails to make! Also an OG cocktail recipe, this simple 4 ingredient cocktail is so versatile and flavorful.
This lavender margarita is easily made in a shaker by combining all ingredients with ice and shaking. Then add the liquid to your salted rim glass and enjoy!
Other Floral Cocktails
We have plenty of floral cocktails on the site – we love floral flavors!
- Mint Lavender Gin Limeade
- Blackberry Lavender Gin Sour
- Hibiscus Simple Syrup
- Brandy and Blackberry Lavender Shrub Cocktail
- Lilac Gimlet
- Hibiscus Salty Dog Cocktail
- Lilac Mimosa
Tips & Tricks
- Salt Rim – if you don’t like a salt rim, feel free to do something else. Like a sugar rim, a half salt half sugar rim, or only salt half the glass.
- Berries – feel free to add some berry flavor to your margarita by muddling some fresh berries in the shaker before adding other ingredients. Some suggestions would be blueberries, blackberries or strawberries as they all go really well with lavender!
- Tequila – feel free to switch this ingredient up too, for your preferred product. We used tequila blanco, but others work too. Or, switch it to mezcal for a smoky addition. Half tequila and half mezcal works too! Or, half one tequila, half another of your preference!
Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and tag #gastronomcocktails so we can see all the wonderful recipes YOU recreate from this site!
You can also subscribe to our weekly newsletter so you never miss a delicious recipe again!
Like this recipe? Try these below, too!
Other Lavender Cocktails
- Lavender Martini – Sweet Life Bake
- Lavender Lemon Drop – Mitten Girl
- Blueberry Lavender Cocktail – Emily Fabulous
- Lavender Lemon Gin Spritz – Yes to Yolks
- Lavender Cocktail – Britney Breaks Bread
A Lavender Margarita is full of so much floral flavor! Enjoyable all year long, this floral cocktail is a must make!
- 2 ounces tequila blanco
- .50 ounce Cointreau
- .50 ounce lime juice
- 1 ounce lavender simple syrup
- Salt the rim of your glass.
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker with ice. Shake and strain into salted glass.
- Garnish with lavender sprig if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:4 ounces
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 266Sodium: 21mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: .1gSugar: .2gProtein: .1g
Interested in stocking your own home bar? Make sure to see our favorites at our Amazon Store!
If you liked this post, don’t forget to subscribe for new (and of course free) recipes by entering your email address on the side bar (and get all the recipes delivered to your inbox when we post), so you don’t miss out on a thing. You can find us on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest!
Gastronomblog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com