Around Christmas time there are always lots of gatherings with friends to celebrate the holiday season, and we are always searching for something delicious we can serve. We recently had made some delicious Peppermint Mocha Boozy Marshmallows (remember those? Yeah, we do!) that were amazing toasted and totally full of festive flavor. Naturally we wanted to find a way to use some of these marshmallows in something new, so we came up with a delicious hot skillet dip, Candy Cane Skillet S’mores!
S’mores are one of those sneaky simple treats that just about everyone is a fan of. S’mores combine chocolate, toasted marshmallow and crunchy graham crackers into a gooey sweet treat that we all had as kids. Our Peppermint Mocha Boozy Marshmallows provided a definite adult edge, especially when toasted as it released the flavors of the peppermint vodka and the chocolate of the Kahlua and made the flavors explode into taste and aroma.
With peppermint and chocolate flavors in the marshmallows and with those flavors being perfect for the holidays, we decided partner up the marshmallow with some chocolate and candy canes and make a dip that we could share with guests.Combining chocolate, candy canes and marshmallows into a warm gooey dip was a great idea for the cold holiday nights.
We started out adding in a bunch of chocolate chips to a cast iron skillet and then sprinkling on a bunch of crushed candy canes. A layer of our peppermint mocha boozy marshmallows brings up the top. With everything in the pan, we placed it in the oven and let everything start to melt and ooze together. No s’mores would be complete without the toasted part, so once everything was melted down and starting to combine, we ended up breaking out the culinary torch to add a nice toasty caramel layer on the top.
The warm cast iron pan keeps all the dip warm and gooey, the chocolate and marshmallow blending into a delicious sticky mix. The crushed pieces of candy cane added little bits of cool peppermint crunch to the bite that was nice little surprise when you found them. Since s’mores really call out for graham crackers (duh!), we used them to dip in the deliciously ooey gooey mix. Cheers to boozy desserts!
- 1 12 oz bag chocolate chips
- 2 candy canes - crushed
- 1 batch Peppermint Mocha Boozy Marshmallows
- Graham crackers as needed.
- Crush the candy canes into small pieces.
- Place the chocolate chips into a cast iron pan.
- Place the pan into a 350 degree oven for 2-3 minutes or until melted and spread in the pan.
- Remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle the candy cane pieces onto the melted chocolate.
- Spread the marshmallows on top of the melted chocolate and place back into the oven for 3-5 minutes.
- When marshmallows are mostly melted, remove from the pan from the oven and torch with a culinary torch or place under the broiler in your oven until the marshmallows begin to brown.
- Serve warm with graham crackers.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin