An icy summer treat, with summer flavors that we made into an adult beverage!
We tend to try to make cocktails featuring ingredients that are in season. While cruising the aisles of the grocery store looking for inspiration, we found a nice batch of fresh strawberries which are typically fantastic in summer and inspired images of strawberry desserts and drinks. Combining creamy coconut milk, sweet strawberries and whipped cream vodka, this drink is perfect for sipping on the deck for a girls night out or as a sweet night cap. Easy to make, the base strawberry syrup is also wonderful for breakfast or as a topping for ice cream!
This post contains affiliate links for products that we think you as readers might find useful, and we make commission off of these! For more details about our affiliates, click our Disclosure and Contacts Page.
- 1.75 oz strawberry syrup
- 1.5 oz coconut milk
- 1.5 oz whipped cream vodka
- 2 dashes bitters
- club soda
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- pinch of salt
- 5-6 strawberries cut into small pieces
- Pour the strawberry syrup, coconut milk, vodka and bitters into a shaker.
- Add ice and shake for 15-20 seconds.
- Add crushed or shaved ice into a high ball glass.
- Strain into the glass. Top with club soda.
- Garnish with a fresh strawberry or slices of fresh strawberry. Enjoy!
- Place the sugar, water and strawberries into a small sauce pan and bring up to a boil.
- Allow to simmer, stirring occasionally until the strawberries are soft and beginning to fall apart.
- Strain out the pulp and the seeds using a fine mesh.
- Store the syrup in a closed container and refrigerate.
If you liked this recipe, don’t forget to subscribe for new (and of course free) recipes by entering your email address on the side bar (and get all the recipes delivered to your inbox when we post), so you don’t miss out on a thing. You can find us on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin