With Valentine’s Day coming up, this cocktail is sure to be perfect for the bourbon lover in your life. Since Valentine’s Day is all about spoiling your love, why not make them a cocktail that is sure to tickle their fancy and let them know they are your sweetheart! Our drink, The Bourbon Sweetheart, is sure to be the the way to your lover’s heart!
Since lots of stuff on Valentine’s Day ends up being pink, we wanted to make a drink that would be a little different. Since some guys might shy away from a pink drink we wanted a drink that either sex would feel comfortable sipping. Making a nice bourbon drink keeps it manly while our use of strawberries keeps it elegant.
Combining strawberries and bourbon, this drink has a great balance between the sweet and tart of the fresh strawberries while the bourbon gives it enough of a boozy punch to make this drink perfect for a bourbon lover. A dash of bitters brings a hint of spice and complexity to the Bourbon Sweetheart, making this drink come to life. Plus it is a great way to use those left over strawberries you didn’t happen to dip in chocolate while preparing for your hot date!
- 2oz bourbon
- 2 strawberries, cleaned and cut into large pieces
- 3/4 oz rich simple syrup
- .5 oz Ginger liqueur
- 3/4 oz fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 dashes aromatic bitters
- 3-4 oz club soda
- Clean and cut the strawberries into large pieces and place into a shaker.
- Muddle the strawberries and simple syrup.
- Fill the shaker with crushed ice and add bourbon, ginger liqueur, lemon juice and bitters.
- Shake and pour into a high ball glass.
- Top with club soda and garnish with a fresh strawberry.
- Enjoy and may the drink lead to romance!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin