A super easy chicken taco dinner! Set it and forget it!
This post contains affiliate links for products that we think you as readers might find useful, and we make commission off of these! For more details about our affiliates, click our Disclosure and Contacts Page.
Since fall is quickly coming upon us, we wanted to do an easy crockpot meal that is as easy as put the ingredients in and forget it until it is time to eat! Not only is it easy, it also scales up easily to serve anywhere from a single family to a large party, so this is perfect for those busy fall weekend. This chicken crockpot meal has a Mexican twist to it, and is so easy to do!
It is made even easier with the ability to use frozen chicken and just let it cook! The chicken ends up tender and juicy, perfect for use on tacos, nachos or in enchiladas. You can regulate your spice level and adjust the spiciness to your taste by adjusting the amounts of spices you put in and as well as choosing the type of Rotel you put in!
We like to serve it on soft shell tortillas with fresh cut tomatoes, sour cream and cheese. We also top it with some fresh cut chives and a splash of hot sauce or salsa. Simple, quick and delicious, the chicken is usually a hit with our two boys as well which is always a nice bonus. This also freezes well, so you can make a big batch and save some for later. We hope you enjoy!
- 4 chicken breasts, frozen
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp onion powder, or 3 Tbsp diced onions
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder, or 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 can Rotel, or diced tomatoes
- Put frozen chicken breasts in the bottom of the crockpot, top with spices and veggies. Pour tomatoes or Rotel over all.
- Cook for 6-8 hours on low, or 4-5 hours on high, turning breasts over at least one time. This can be done toward the end if necessary just to make sure it doesn't dry out.
- When fully cooked, shred chicken.
- Serve on tortillas or chips, with toppings of your choice, tomatoes, sour cream, cheese, lettuce. Enjoy!
If you liked this recipe, don’t forget to subscribe for new (and of course free) recipes by entering your email address on the side bar (and get all the recipes delivered to your inbox when we post), so you don’t miss out on a thing. You can find us on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter!Follow my blog with Bloglovin