A peachy fall dessert that is boozy and sweet.
We continue to celebrate the wonderful bounty of Peach Season with this deliciously decedent dessert. The Colorado peaches we have are candy sweet and are perfect for use in some great desserts. We had a nice peach pie recently (which resulted in this Peach Pie Cocktail) so we wanted to make something a little different, so Mrs. Nom came up with this delightful shortbread bar that brings highlights the wonderful peach.
Adding some of the caramel and vanilla notes of the bourbon along with some cinnamon and nutmeg makes for a delicious filling that packs in a whole bunch of spice and bourbon flavor to the peaches.
This post contains affiliate links for products that we think you as readers might find useful, and we make commission off of these! For more details about our affiliates, click our Disclosure and Contacts Page.
The shortbread crust on this bar is buttery sweet and crumbly, just sweet and toasty enough to make a nice base for the peach filling. The bourbon in the peach filling gives another layer of flavor that further enhanced the toasted vanilla and butter of the crust and topping. The bourbon glaze gives a rich sweet bourbon aroma that makes this a delightful adult dessert!
Like this recipe? Try these below, too!
Other Bourbon Peach Desserts
Bourbon Peach Cobbler – Tyler Florence, Food Network
Bourbon Fried Peaches with Ice Cream – The View from Great Island
Bourbon Peach Crisp – Food Nouveau
Cinnamon Sugar Bourbon Peach Upside Down Cake – How Sweet Eats
Bourbon Poached Peaches – Culinary Ginger
- 4 cups ripe peaches, chunked or thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp bourbon
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- dash each of cinnamon and nutmeg
- 2 sticks (1/2 lb) room temperature unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- bourbon to thin
- milk to thin
- Set the oven to 350 degrees.
- To the cut peaches, add the bourbon, lemon juice, brown sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir to coat peaches. Set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar in a mixer, add salt and vanilla extract.
- Mix in the flour until just combined. The mixture will be crumbly.
- Butter or parchment line an 8x8 or 9x9 pan. Leave edges to the parchment paper to pull out of the pan later.
- Press 2/3 of the dough evenly onto the bottom of the pan. Spread out the peach mixture evenly over the crust.
- Make sure to keep the extra peach liquid out of the pan. You can place the peaches in a colander to drain if you would like before putting on crust.
- Crumble the remaining dough over the top of the peaches.
- Bake for 40 minutes until the crust is golden brown.
- Cool before cutting or glazing.
- stir together the powdered sugar and bourbon and a dash of milk to a consistency that can be drizzled. Use a small spoon and drizzle over the bars.
Interested in stocking your own home bar? Make sure to see our favorites at our Amazon Store!
If you liked this recipe, don’t forget to subscribe for new (and of course free) recipes by entering your email address on the side bar (and get all the recipes delivered to your inbox when we post), so you don’t miss out on a thing. You can find us on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter!