A fabulous summer flavor combination pizza with fresh corn and pesto!
Being from the Midwest, both of us grew up with corn being a major part of our summer, picking corn from our gardens or stopping by the farm stand before dinner. Both of us have memories of sitting out on the deck shucking corn and looking forward to chomping down a bunch of cobs around the dinner table.
This post contains affiliate links for products that we think you as readers might find useful, and we make commission off of these! For more details about our affiliates, click our Disclosure and Contacts Page.
Sweet corn is a major staple of Nebraska, where we live, and we see fields of it wherever we go! It’s a standard veggie that we buy every year, especially local sweet corn!
Most of the time we east corn on the cob with just straight salt, pepper and butter. We wanted to try something different with this recipe!
We decided that we had to find a cool way to use corn. We have been really into making some really great pizzas with some of the greens from our garden as well as some of fantastic local cheese we get from the Omaha Farmer’s Market.
Like this recipe? Try these below, too!
Other Pizza Recipes
Shrimp Scampi Pizza – Cooking with Curls
Pepperoni Bubble Pizza – Onion Rings and Things
Autumn Harvest Pizza with Butternut Squash – This Runner’s Recipes
Baby Shiitake Mushroom Pizza – Vegan in the Freezer
Broccolini Almond Pizza – Cookie and Kate
- Pizza Dough - use either store bought, or your favorite recipe
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 cup Pesto (recipe below)
- 1 cup sausage (we used Italian sausage but breakfast sausage will work too), browned
- 1/2 cup corn (about 2 cobs, kernels cut off), sear for a few minutes in 1 Tbsp butter, salt and pepper
- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2/3-3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan or Pecorino cheese
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Roll out the pizza dough, top with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Place sausage atop olive oil, spread out. Place teaspoonfuls of pesto atop the sausage, spaced well.
- Spoon the corn kernels over the top, and place in the oven.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the crust is browned. Cut and serve.
- Combine the basil, garlic and pine nuts in a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Add 1/2 cup of the olive oil and process until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper, add the lemon juice.
- Add in the cheese and blend until smooth. Add extra olive oil as needed to smooth.
Interested in stocking your own home bar? Make sure to see our favorites at our Amazon Store!
If you liked this recipe, don’t forget to subscribe for new (and of course free) recipes by entering your email address on the side bar (and get all the recipes delivered to your inbox when we post), so you don’t miss out on a thing. You can find us on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter!