Wine icepops? What?
How can you go wrong with adult popsicles? We had a 1/3 bottle of Chianti that needed to be imbibed, but I just didn’t feel like drinking it (I know, crazy, right?!) so I thought, why not freeze it and make something that I can enjoy when it is hot out instead of a glass of room temp red wine?
We have an abundance of basil in our garden, and as basil pairs perfectly with the spiciness of the Chianti, I made a blueberry/basil simple syrup to go with the wine. Besides, I needed some blueberries make it healthy, right?
This post contains affiliate links for products that we think you as readers might find useful, and we make commission off of these! For more details about our affiliates, click our Disclosure and Contacts Page.
The blueberry basil simple syrup has a nice fruity sweetness with a fresh herbal freshness and is the ingredient that turns these popsicles into a a real sweet treat. The syrup also lowers the alcohol content enough to allow the mixture to freeze.
For some alcoholic icepops you might have issues getting the mixture to freeze hard enough, so it is necessary to mix the booze with a syrup or other liquid mix until the percentage of alcohol is low enough to allow the popsicles.
In our case, the simple syrup made for a delicious combination with the chianti and complimented the wine while adding another layer of flavor in the popsicle molds. We hope you will enjoy these boozy adult popsicles this summer!
Like this recipe? Try these below, too!
More Wine Icepop Recipes
Rose Fruit Pops – Table for Two
Blackberry Wine Pops – Real Simple
Peach Wine Pops – Jennifer Meyering
Strawberry Moscato Popsicles– Salt and Lavender
Lime and Raspberry Wine Popsicles – Jerry James Stone
More Boozy Icepop Recipes
Honey Whiskey Lemonade Popsicles – A Sassy Spoon
Coconut Mojito Icepops – Flour on My Face
Raspberry Gin Fizz Popsicles – No Spoon Necessary
Boozy Blackberry Popsicle – Just a Little Bite
Blueberry Basil Boozy Popsicles – Zest it Up
- Red Wine, less than 1/2 a bottle (any kind you like, but dry reds such as Chianti, Pinot Noir or Cabernet Sauvignon would work best in this)
- Blueberries (about 4-5 in each popsicle mold)
- Basil Blueberry simple syrup (recipe below)
- Basil leaves (8-10 torn up, tear into about 4 pieces each)
- 1/3 cup blueberries
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- Place blueberries in popsicle containers.
- Combine liquids and pour into the popsicle molds.
- Make as many as you want!
- Freeze for 8-10 hours until firm. Cheers!
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan over high heat.
- Reduce to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Break up the blueberries and take off heat and let cool.
- Strain to take out basil pieces and blueberries.
Interested in stocking your own home bar? Make sure to see our favorites at our Amazon Store!
If you liked this recipe, don’t forget to subscribe for new (and of course free) recipes by entering your email address on the side bar (and get all the recipes delivered to your inbox when we post), so you don’t miss out on a thing. You can find us on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter!