The sidecar is one cocktail that any bar tender should have in their repertoire as it is an absolute classic having been around since the early 1900’s and is a cocktail that is easily modified to create a simple delicious variations. This variation uses a combination of rum and brandy as the base spirits, both of which pair well with the tartness of fresh citrus. A beautiful balance of sweet and sour, the side car is a favorite for it simplicity and subtle elegance. Adding blood orange juice gives a deep rich red color to the drink, making it a striking drink to add to any dinner table.
- 1 oz Aged Rum
- 1/2 oz brandy
- 1/2 oz orange liqueur
- 1/4 oz lime juice
- 1/2 oz Fresh Squeezed Blood Orange
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Place some ice cubes in a martini glass or a cocktail coupe and allow it to start chilling (dispose of the ice before pouring your cocktail).
- Pour in the rum, brandy, orange liqueur and lime juice and blood orange juice.
- Shake well and strain into the chilled glass.
- Garnish with a slice of blood orange. (If you need this a bit sweeter, you can sugar the rim of your cocktail glass before pouring the cocktail.)
Follow my blog with Bloglovin