Easy peasy biscuit doughnuts that you can fry at home!
This is a quick recipe that makes some delicious biscuit doughnuts that are a quick and easy way to make something great for breakfast. This recipe has been floating around Pinterest for a while, and with our kids asking for doughnuts for breakfast, we decided that we would give it a try! Total time for us to get 16 doughnuts was around 15 minutes, which was less time than we would have waited in line at the doughnut shop. These ended up being very popular with all of us (and they were perfect with a cup of coffee!)
This post contains affiliate links for products that we think you as readers might find useful, and we make commission off of these! For more details about our affiliates, click our Disclosure and Contacts Page.
Like this recipe? Try these below, too!
- 1 or 2 cans of homemade biscuits (anything but the flaky layer ones) We used 2 cans because the boys LOVE doughnuts!
- Vegetable Oil
- Cinnamon and Sugar mix - for 16 doughnuts we used about 1 1/2 cups of sugar and 2 Tbsp of cinnamon
- 1 1/2 sticks melted butter (1/2 of that for 8)
- We used our Dutch oven, but a deep skillet would work as well.
- Fill your pan up about 1/2 inch or so with oil. Heat up for a few minutes to 375º.
- While the oil is heating, take the biscuits out of the cans and cut holes in the biscuit with a small cookie cutter or an apple corer.
- Place doughnuts into the oil (I recommend only one or two at a time). The first one might take a few seconds longer, but the majority of them will only take about 25-30 seconds per side.
- When they are golden brown, flip, and cook on the other side. Place cooked doughnuts onto a cooling rack over a cookie sheet lined with a paper towel for them to drain. When they have cooled slightly, dip both sides in butter and then the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Place back on the cooling rack for them to cool off!
Interested in stocking your own home bar? Make sure to see our favorites at our Amazon Store!
If you liked this recipe, don’t forget to subscribe for new (and of course free) recipes by entering your email address on the side bar (and get all the recipes delivered to your inbox when we post), so you don’t miss out on a thing. You can find us on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter!