With all the beautiful citrus available right now, we keep having to find new ways to use it. Luckily the drinks that we end up with have some beautiful rich pink colors, which look as amazing as they taste. Hopefully you will like these pink drinks, too! The Rosemary’s Blush uses fresh grapefruit juice and rosemary to pair up with gin. A dash of salt helps to block the bitter compounds in the grapefruit juice and enhance the complex flavors of the gin. We used Monkey 47, a dry gin from the Black Forest region of Germany, which is a fantastic strong gin with a deep spicy complexity that stood up well to the strong flavors of the grapefruit. The honey syrup provides a rich smoothness and a deep sweetness that makes this drink exceptionally drinkable. Sweet and bright, with a bit of a briny flavor from the salt, the Rosemary’s Blush is like a boozy brûléed grapefruit in a glass.
- 2 oz grapefruit juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 1/2 oz gin (we recommend Monkey 47, Hendrick's or Plymouth's Naval Strength Gin)
- 3/4 oz honey simple syrup (recipe below)
- 1/2 oz lemon juice
- rosemary sprig (and more for garnish)
- dash of sea salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup water
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add juice, gin, honey simple syrup, lemon juice, rosemary sprig and salt.
- Shake until thoroughly chilled, around 20 seconds.
- Strain into a martini glass and garnish with another sprig of rosemary. Serve.
- Combine in small saucepan and warm over medium heat.
- Stir until it simmers, take off heat and let cool.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin